Netflix on TELUS - June 2021

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - June 2021

Hope everyone is doing well! The year is flying by, and a new month is almost here. We all know what that means...NETFLIX has some great stuff in store for us. June is shaping up to be a stellar month for new content, and it includes a highly anticipated series that I've been waiting a long time for. There's nothing better than digging into a new series to binge on. Let's take a look at what's dropping in June!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in June

• June 4 - Sweet Tooth (Season 1)
    • Fantasy series produced by Robert Downey Jr. based on the best selling DC comic book.
  • June 9 - Awake
    • Sci-Fi thriller set in a world where electronics have been wiped out and humans can't sleep.
  • June 18 - Fatherhood
    • Highly anticipated family drama starring Kevin Hart.

Most Anticipated

Sweet Tooth (Season 1)

I've been waiting for the adaptation of Sweet Tooth for a long time now, and I'm beyond pumped that it's almost here! It's been years since I read the original comic book series, and when I heard that none other than Robert Downey Jr. signed on to executive produce a NETFLIX series based on it, I was over the moon. Everything I've seen so far has me feeling that the wait will be well worth it!

Set in a post-apocalyptic world amidst a global virus that creates half human half animal hybrids, Sweet Tooth follows a deer-boy named Gus who must learn how to survive the dangerous world. He must also fight back against hunters that target all hybrids, and he teams up with a mysterious wanderer that helps him stay alive. 

How amazing does that look? Having read the comic series, I'm unbelievably excited for this. I'm always amazed at how much these shows look like the comic book come to life, and Sweet Tooth is no exception. They've nailed the fantastical look perfectly. Watch for the first season to start on June 4!

What I'm Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? I've got you covered.

Love, Death & Robots

I'm a huge fan of this series! This animated anthology consists of 2 seasons and a total of 26 episodes of pure sci-fi craziness, executive produced by Tim Miller (Deadpool) and the always amazing David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, Mank). Think of Ghost in The Shell meets Aeon Flux meets an animated version of Black Mirror and you'll have a good idea of what to expect. Fair warning: We're dealing with adult themes and some futuristic violence here. This series is best left for when the little ones are asleep, and you can kick back with your favourite drink to enjoy.

ldr.png

Featuring a star-studded voice cast and some incredible animation, this is some great binge watching. Each episode being 17 minutes or less also means you can be in it for the long haul, or watch a few episodes before jumping into all those other shows you need to catch up on (no judgement, we're all in the same boat). What could be better than this? Just check it out!

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below! 

ICYMI: Not subscribed yet? No worries! You can add NETFLIX to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here