Netflix on TELUS - July 2020

Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - July 2020

How’s everyone doing? We hope you and your family are doing well and staying safe this summer! July is shaping up to be another great month for NETFLIX, with a handful of awesome new (and returning!) original shows and movies to enjoy. We’ve selected a few of the most anticipated titles dropping next month, and wanted to share what we’re currently hooked on right now! So kick back and enjoy!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in July

• July 10 - The Old Guard
      • For action blockbuster fans
  • July 17 - Cursed (Season 1)
      • For fantasy lovers
  • July 31 - The Umbrella Academy (Season 2)
      • For sci-fi and comic book readers

Most Anticipated

The Old Guard

Kicking things off in July is Netflix’s big summer action blockbuster starring Charlize Theron. I first heard about this movie a few months ago and as soon as I heard the premise, I was locked in. The story centers around a group of mercenaries tasked with saving the world...who also happen to be centuries-old immortals that are able to recover from any wound. When their secret is revealed, a new enemy will stop at nothing to acquire the same type of powers that they possess. Talk about an awesome premise.

A-B_0-1592242008004.png

This looks amazing, with some serious action but also with an incredible story and acting. I’m a big Charlize Theron fan and I can’t wait to kick back and be blown away.

What We're Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? We’ve got your back.

Queer Eye (Season 5)

The Fab 5 are back for a new season of amazing transformations that will definitely tug at your heartstrings. The perfect comfort viewing show (something I’m sure we can all get behind nowadays), the format hasn’t changed...the guys spend a summer in a new city, helping ten individuals up their game in fashion, cooking, and interior design. 

Every season is always a hit for this Netflix original, and it’s not just entertaining in every way (trust me...it is), Queer Eye is worth watching for seeing how just a little bit of empathy and help can go a long way. If you’re looking for the perfect summer night show to binge on, look no further!

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below! 

ICYMI: You can add Netflix to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here