Netflix on TELUS - January 2021

Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - January 2021

Happy New Year! Hope you and your family are doing well and staying safe. While things may be uncertain for a while still, one thing we can always depend on is NETFLIX helping entertain us month in and month out with awesome new original content. January has a bunch of awesome new series and movies coming, so let's take a look at some of the most anticipated new titles streaming soon as well as what I'm currently hooked on now!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in January

• January 1 - Headspace Guide to Meditation (Season 1)
    • For fitness enthusiasts.
  • January 8 - Cobra Kai (Season 3)
    • The Karate Kid legend continues, for fans of the original series.
  • January 22 - Fate: The Winx Sage (Season 1)
    • For animation and fantasy buffs.

Most Anticipated

Cobra Kai (Season 3)

Get ready, because the doors of the esteemed Cobra Kai dojo are about to open once again. If you're caught up on the first two seasons of Cobra Kai or have only heard about it and wanted to see what all the hype is about, there's still time to get up to speed! Based on the iconic The Karate Kid franchise, this action-packed dramedy series picks things up roughly 30 years later. Johnny Lawrence is now in his 50's and struggles with life, while his enemy Daniel LaRusso is living the lavish lifestyle. Their rivalry is renewed while both training a new generation of karate students.

The first two seasons of Cobra Kai became a sleeper hit and this new season looks to keep things rolling. With tons of action and a story that keeps you hooked, this new season is shaping up to be a can't-miss event. I always loved The Karate Kid and in an age where seemingly every show is coming back for new stories, Cobra Kai definitely sticks out as a true homage to the original series while breathing new life into the story of these characters' lives. Be sure to catch up and then check out season 3 when it drops on January 8th.

What We're Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? You've come to the right place.

Ozark

Yes, this series is already three seasons deep. Yes, many people have already been watching. Does that mean that this series isn't bingeworthy? No. No it doesn't. Ozark is frequently one of the highest rated and most lauded NETFLIX series, and for good reason. It's thrilling, packed with twists, and the acting is top notch. While Breaking Bad fans will definitely see the similarities, this series is a must-watch for practically everyone.

ozark-h.jpg

Jason Bateman is Martin Byrde, a self-employed financial advisor in Chicago. He and his family are forced to move to the Ozarks region in central Missouri when he discovers his longtime partner has been dealing with drug cartels...and now they owe a massive amount of money. To spare the lives of him and his family, Martin agrees to launch an even larger operation for the cartel, but things quickly spiral out of control. If you loved Breaking Bad or can't get enough of the dramatic thrillers that leave you hanging on every cliffhanger, look no further. There's still time to catch up, with a fourth and final season coming later in 2021. I highly recommend this show for all of the aforementioned reasons. I loved seeing how deep into trouble Martin and his family get, and I think you'll be hooked as well. 

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below! 

ICYMI: You can add Netflix to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here