Netflix on TELUS - February 2021

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - February 2021

Hope everyone is doing well! February may be the shortest month of the year, but that's not stopping NETFLIX from bringing us a bunch of awesome new things to check out! Let's take a look at some of the most anticipated titles streaming next month, as well as what I'm currently hooked on now!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in February

• February 3 - Firefly Lane (Season 1)
    • Dramatic series about a friendship that spans several decades.
  • February 6 - The Sinner (Season 3)
    • Third season of the suspenseful thriller detective series.
  • February 19 - I Care A Lot
    • Comedy thriller film starring Rosamund Pike, Dianne Wiest, and Peter Dinklage.

Most Anticipated

The Sinner (Season 3)

If you haven't watched the first two seasons of The Sinner, stop what you're doing and go now...I'll wait. Oh, you have? So you know how unbelievably amazing this series has been, with powerful acting and suspenseful stories full of cliffhangers that will leave you dying to see what happens next. For the uninitiated, The Sinner follows troubled detective Harry Ambrose (Bill Pullman) on another investigation that should be routine...but that ends up being more dangerous than ever.

34988723_sa.jpg

The Sinner does an amazing job of portraying a new tragic crime or mystery with each season and this looks to keep things right on track. A seemingly routine investigation of a tragic car accident leads Detective Ambrose into the most harrowing case of his career where everyone involved has something to hide.

In an admittedly crowded genre, The Sinner remains one of my favourites. No other show unravels the mystery and builds the pressure as well as this, and I'm sure you'll agree. Definitely adults only, as The Sinner deals with themes that are both unsettling and sometimes hard to watch. Save this one for after the little ones have gone to sleep. You're in for some powerful stuff.

What I'm Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? You've come to the right place.

Schitt's Creek

You're in for a treat with Schitt's Creek. All 6 seasons are currently streaming on Netflix and bingeworthy doesn't even begin to describe this show. Possibly one of the funniest sitcoms ever, this hilarious series follows a formerly wealthy family that is stripped of its fortune and forced to relocate to a small town they once purchased as a joke. Their lavish lifestyle has made them incapable of living a normal life, and they have to adjust to life without piles of money. Obviously, hilarity ensues.

600x600bb-85.jpg

Created by the always funny Eugene Levy and his son Dan, Schitt's Creek also stars Catherine O'Hara in the most gut-busting fish-out-of-water scenario imaginable. I couldn't wait to see what happened next as I watched this show. The writing is sharp, the characters perfectly cast, and the unthinkable trouble this family gets into will leave you doubled over. Definitely the perfect type of series to binge on.

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below! 

ICYMI: You can add Netflix to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here

3 Comments
SuperFred

Thanks for the suggestion @A-B , I've just finish Transformers Earthrise on Netflix and the G1 graphics are simply amazing! Can't wait for the final season 🙂

Kat_00
Community Manager
Community Manager

I started Firefly Lane last night - a fun, easy watch.

SuperFred

Just started Mortal engines, so far so good, I always love post-apocalyptic movies!