Netflix on TELUS - December 2020

Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - December 2020

How is everyone doing? Hoping that you and your family are keeping warm and staying safe. Winter's definitely here...the days are shorter, the weather is colder...and Christmas is just around the corner! There's nothing better than grabbing your favourite snack and cozying up on the couch to catch up on that show everyone at work won't stop talking about. Or that holiday movie you've been meaning to watch with the kids. Or that new stand-up comedy special. Let's be honest here...whatever you feel like watching, NETFLIX will have what you want.

Let's take a look at a few of the most anticipated December titles streaming soon, as well as what I'm currently hooked on now!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in December

• December 4 - Mank
    • Black and white epic drama from David Fincher; for drama fans.
  • December 4 - The Great British Baking Show - Season 3 (Holiday Edition)
    • Christmas themed baking reality show.
  • December 23 - The Midnight Sky
    • Starring George Clooney and Felicity Jones; for sci-fans.

Most Anticipated

The Midnight Sky

An epic sci-fi space thriller starring George Clooney and Felicity Jones. Do I need to say more? I'm going to anyways, because this movie looks unbelievable. Clooney stars as Augustine, a lonely scientist in the Arctic. Felicity Jones is Sully, the head of a team of astronauts in deep space, worried now that Earth is no longer responding. The reason? A mysterious global catastrophe has taken place, and the planet is no longer hospitable. Augustine must do everything he can to let them know before it's too late.

What a breathtaking trailer. While I've always been a huge science fiction nerd, the best stories in my opinion aren't just aliens and spaceships. They're about the human connection across such unimaginable distances. One such movie was Christopher Nolan's Interstellar and this looks to be another similar story that's sure to hit home. Look for it on December 23rd.

What We're Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? You've come to the right place.

The Queen's Gambit

For fans of drama and intrigue (see: The Crown), say hello to your new other favourite series: The Queen's Gambit. This fascinating miniseries stars Anya Taylor-Joy as Beth, an orphan chess prodigy and her quest to become the best in the world. Emotional problems and substance abuse make things difficult for her, as she struggles to find her real place in the world.

Set in the 1950's and 1960's, the cinematography and acting here are top notch. I wasn't entirely sold on the premise of this miniseries but halfway through the first episode I knew that I'd be hooked and it didn't take long to finish off the remaining six episodes. There are plenty of twists and turns throughout, and seeing Beth grow throughout the series towards the end is really fascinating to watch unfold. A perfect way to pour yourself a drink and kick back during the dark winter nights.

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below! 

ICYMI: You can add Netflix to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here