cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - August 2021

Summer is in full effect! Hope everyone's loving the warmer weather and staying safe. After a fun day out in the sun, there's nothing better than kicking back with your loved ones and catching up on that show everyone's talking about. Or are you looking for something new to start? Don't worry, NETFLIX has your back. Let's take a look at some of the awesome new shows and movies headed our way!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in August

• August 13 - Grace and Frankie (Season 7)
    • The final season of the hilarious Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin series.
  • August 20 - Sweet Girl
    • Action thriller starring Jason Momoa about a widower seeking revenge.
  • August 20 - The Chair (Season 1)
    • Dramedy series starring Sandra Oh from the creators of Game of Thrones.
  • August 23 - The Witcher: Nightmare of The Wolf
    • Animated film set in the Witcher universe.

Most Anticipated

Sweet Girl

I'm so pumped for this movie. When I first heard the premise of it, I'll be honest...it sounded like a dozen similar movies before it. Man loses wife, uncovers conspiracy, seeks revenge. Then I heard that Jason Momoa was cast in the leading role and that the premise isn't someone with superhuman abilities taking on an army...but a father just protecting his daughter and righting a wrong that haunts him. I was definitely more interested. Then I saw the trailer.

And I'm sold. There's just enough realism mixed in with some definitely needed suspension of belief when it comes to the action they show, but this looks amazing. Momoa hasn't honestly been given the chance to display much emotional depth in his most well-known roles, but it looks like he's going to nail it this time. The cinematography and fight choreography here looks top notch, and I can't wait to see how it plays out with him on the run from the FBI while hunting down those responsible for his wife's death. I know where I'll be when Sweet Girl drops August 20!

What I'm Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? I've got you covered.

I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson (Season 2)

Get ready to laugh. The second season of the surprisingly hilarious sketch show I Think You Should Leave dropped a few weeks ago, and Tim Robinson's never been funnier. Like most comedy, this show is definitely an acquired taste but if you give it a chance, you're sure to find more than one sketch that has you doubling over in hysterics. Think a funnier SNL meets dry stand up comedy meets Key & Peele and you're on the right track.

D_Watchlist_Via-1.jpg

With a deep roster of guest stars and comedians including Will Forte, Bob Odenkirk, and Andy Samberg...you're sure to get a kick out of this show. I found the first season to be unbelievably well written, if not a touch offbeat, and season 2 definitely ups the ante. The sketches are fairly short in length as well, so if you're looking for a palette cleanser after that last horror movie or to have a great night laughing with your loved ones, look no further! Both seasons are streaming on NETFLIX!

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below! 

ICYMI: Not subscribed yet? No worries! You can add NETFLIX to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here