Netflix on TELUS - August 2020

Community Manager
Community Manager

Netflix on TELUS - August 2020

How's everyone doing this summer? I hope you're having fun and staying safe. August is almost here, and it's shaping up to be another awesome month for new NETFLIX movies and shows. I've selected a few of the most anticipated ones, and also wanted to share what bingeworthy show I'm currently hooked on. So kick back and enjoy!

PROTIP: If you plan to connect with loved ones remotely, Netflix Party is always an option to watch something with your friends and family virtually. Synchronized video playback and a handy chat box lets you watch and stay connected all at the same time!

Coming To NETFLIX in August

• August 6 - The Rain (Season 3)
      • For sci-fi and thriller buffs.
  • August 14 - Project Power
      • For comic book and action fans.
  • August 21 - Lucifer (Season 5 Pt. 1)
      • For thriller and comedy fans.

Most Anticipated

Project Power

Wow does this look good. Project Power takes place in a world where a special drug gives its user random superhuman abilities for five minutes at a time, the twist being...you don't know what the power will be until you try it. When the villainous manufacturer of the drug looks to endanger the world with it, it's up to Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt to put a stop to it. Also co-starring Dominique Fishback, this seems to be right up my alley. As a massive comic book and superhero fan, I've seen a ton of movies and read just as many stories. The ones that appeal to me the most are those with ordinary people thrust into extraordinary circumstances. Spider-Man is a high school kid. Batman is a guy driven by trauma in his past. We can all relate to these people in some way, and that's what makes the stories special.

A-B_0-1595869585137.png

This looks like another must-see summer blockbuster for NETFLIX on the heels of the recent Charlize Theron thriller The Old Guard. Most importantly, this just looks like a blast. A mix of humor and drama along with the mega-star cast means Project Power is something you can't miss. Streaming August 14th, be sure to check it out!

What We're Watching Now

Can’t wait for the new shows and movies to drop? Need something bingeworthy now? We’ve got your back.

The Floor is Lava (Season 1)

Yes, you read that right. The game we all played in our living rooms to drive our parents insane is now a hilarious new competition show on NETFLIX. Three teams of 3 players compete to make it across a giant room of gurgling, splashing lava as quickly as possible, jumping from spinning chairs to moving ledges. Getting from point A to B isn't as easy as we remember it though, and the results are amazing.

This is perfect summer night viewing, and I'm having a blast. It's a great excuse to grab a drink, kick back, and watch the hilarity ensue. Who'll make it to the end and how many will fall in the lava? (Spoiler: A lot.)

Let me know if you plan on watching or if there’s anything else you’re currently hooked on in the comments below! 

ICYMI: You can add Netflix to your Optik TV package at any time! Find out more here