Kid in a Candy Store: My Trip to Google I/O 2017

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

As a Senior Product Manager with the Device Acquisition team at TELUS, one of my main roles is to help bring technological enhancements to our network and, in-turn, our customers.  I have worked on bringing to market some really sweet features like VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling.  It can be argued that I have one of the coolest jobs at TELUS!

17-00642_Google_IO_Takeover_Instagram1_1080x1080.jpg

This will be my second year at Google I/O (note the Google bike from the teaser pic) and with a bit of experience under my belt I am hoping to make the most of my 3 days in Mountainview. Last year we got a sneak peek at some of the coolest products to come out of the Googleplex and also gained some really valuable insights on how they work and what makes Googlers different from other teams around the globe.  

This year I am looking forward to even more awesome product announcements and the chance to get my hands on both the hardware and software that will be making waves in the near future. Of course getting the official name for the next release of Android along with all the juicy details on new features and enhancements is always something we wait with baited breath for.

From packing to product demos and the keynote to my flight home, I will look to bring you along in hopes of giving you a taste of this annual event. I hope you all join me on my trip to the Shoreline Amphitheatre for 3 days of Google I/O goodness May 17 - 19. I'll arrive a little earlier on May 15th to scout the place out and provide you with a sneak peek. 

Follow me on Instagram as I takeover @TELUS Instagram Stories.

Keep tabs on my daily blog from Google IO 2017 on The Neighbourhood May 17 - 19.

Have questions? Register on the Neighbourhood and ask below. 

1 Comment
Community Power User
Community Power User

Favourite brewpub?