Introducing.... Elf of the week

Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you as excited as we are that it’s December? Time to pull out our advent calendars, decorations and all the trimmings! To bring some holiday cheer to the TELUS Neighbourhood, we have a fun little treat for you. We’ve invited a few Holiday Elves from the North Pole to help us moderate and engage with our Neighbourhood Community members for the next four weeks.

Please join us in welcoming our first Holiday Moderator Elf.

elf.png

Meet Elf Fancy, also known as @Nicole-Natassha on the Neighbourhood:

What do you love most about the holiday season? 

Spending time with my family and friends. Since I live pretty far away the holiday’s are always a great time to catch up, have Christmas bake offs and get down with some family karaoke.

What’s your favourite holiday treat? 

I love desserts! My favourite holiday treat has to be sugar cookies!

What movie do you love to watch this time of year on Optik? 

I’m probably aging myself here but I love Home Alone. So much nostalgia watching Kevin beat the bad guys.

What’s on your wish list this year? 

I honestly have no idea! I normally buy myself what I want during the year so I sometimes run out of wants by the time Christmas rolls around. 

Share your favourite holiday tradition or recipe: 

My favourite family holiday tradition is every year we do a MasterChef competition. We divide the family into teams and we compete yearly with a different theme, last year was pasta and I got robbed! 

My favourite holiday recipe is  my Spicy Mac and Cheese see below for the recipe:

Nicole’s Spicy Mac and Cheese

Ingredients

2 cups elbow pasta, cooked until almost al dente

8 ounces Cheddar, 1/2 cubed, 1/2 shredded

8 ounces Colby cheese, cubed

8 ounces Monterey pepper jack cheese, cubed

2 teaspoons all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoons salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg

4 tablespoons sour cream

1 large egg, beaten

1 cup heavy cream

1 cup half-and-half

1/4 cup finely grated onions

1 tablespoon butter

Special equipment: 2-quart baking dish

Preparation

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta with the cheese cubes and pour into the baking dish. 
  3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, nutmeg. Add the sour cream, egg, heavy cream, half-and-half and onions. Pour over the pasta and cover with the shredded Cheddar. Bake uncovered until the top is just beginning to brown, about 35 minutes.

Recipe taken from: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/spicy-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe-2013121

Do you have any holiday recipes to share with the community?. If so, feel free to link them below in the comment section.

For the next week if you have any Community related questions feel free to reach out to Elf Fancy, she’ll be here to assist! Stay tuned next week for our second Elf of the week.

2 Comments
Just Moved In

Yum! sounds delicious! 

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll definitely try this recipe.  Thanks for sharing!