cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you’re like me, then you know how special it is to kick back with your loved ones and dig into the perfect holiday movie. Whether it’s a new NETFLIX Christmas special, something you haven’t seen in a long time, or that one movie your family needs to see every year (Love Actually, anyone?)...there’s nothing better. It’s one of the things I look forward to the most every holiday season! 

From the animated classics to the more modern films we’ve all seen endless times, there are definitely a ton of awesome movies to choose from! As a huge movie fan, I wanted to share some of my tried and true holiday movies as part of our 2020 Holiday Guide. So enjoy these recommendations, and don’t spend too much time on that annual debate as to whether or not Die Hard is actually a Christmas movie (spoiler: of course it is.)

download.jpg

14de51206eca408919374362065553be.jpg

Home Alone

Has it really been 30 years since this movie came out? The classics are great for a reason and Home Alone stands the test of time. One of the best Christmas movies ever, and perfect for the entire family. Kevin McCallister must defend his home from the notorious Wet Bandits while his family races back home after leaving for a vacation without him. Non-stop laughs and enough wacky fun to keep the kids entertained throughout.

4.JPG

download.jpg

a-very-murray-christmas.jpg

A Very Murray Christmas

One of the funniest Christmas musical comedies ever, this is sure to make for a great night filled with laughs and cheer. A Very Murray Christmas stars Bill Murray as himself, stuck in a New York snowstorm, scrambling to keep his live Christmas special going. Also featuring a ton of other huge stars such as George Clooney, Miley Cyrus, and Michael Cera...the songs are terrific and the jokes non-stop. Keep this one for after the kids have gone to bed and you’ve poured yourselves a nightcap.

3.JPG

download.jpg

NationalLampoonsChristmasVacationPoster.jpg

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

A modern Christmas classic, Christmas Vacation brings the laughs with Chevy Chase as the lovable Clark Griswold as he does everything he can to have the best holiday season possible with his family. As we all know, it doesn’t come without a load of problems. From an electrocuted cat, to the Christmas tree fire, things couldn’t possibly go worse. In the end though, it all works out...and who could forget the iconic scene with the Christmas lights? Perfect for the family, this is sure to keep the laughs coming.

4.JPG

download.jpg

CharlieBrown400x400.png

A Charlie Brown Christmas

No list of Christmas movies is complete without A Charlie Brown Christmas. The 1965 animated special is the perfect family holiday movie, with great music and an important message for children. Short enough to keep your little ones’ attention, and charming enough to warm the hearts of all ages, watch Charlie Brown discover the true meaning of Christmas. With its thoughtful themes, jazzy soundtrack, and simple animation...no Christmas is complete without it!

5.JPG

What are your go-to Christmas movies? Let me know in the comments!

1 Comment