cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

E3 2021 two.png

This year's E3 event just wrapped up and it was massive! Traditionally, the event is used by all the publishers and developers to drop their biggest world reveals and announcements for the video games we're all waiting to play. From what was shown this year, it's never been a better time to be a gamer. There are some incredibly awesome looking games headed our way, so let's take a look at some of the most anticipated ones to look forward to in the months ahead!

Xbox

Microsoft held no punches this year, with its Xbox showcase being arguably the best ever. Focusing solely on new (and long awaited) games as well as their outstanding Xbox Game Pass service, the showcase delivered hit after hit. I'm a proud Team Xbox member so sure I'm slightly biased, but look at this list of games that will be available to play on Game Pass the day they're released and tell me it's not impressive:

Halo Infinite, Age of Empires IV, Back 4 Blood, Starfield, The Outer Worlds 2, Forza Horizon 5, Redfall, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, Scorn.

And that's only some of them! Are you kidding me? On top of current titles continuing to be upscaled for the Series S/X series, it's an amazing time to be on Team Xbox. Let's check out a few of the trailers shown!

I can't wait! Oh, and of course this holiday season you can get your very own Xbox Series X mini-fridge because why not?

Ubisoft

Ubisoft also brought the heat this year, announcing a slew of new titles as well as more details about previously announced AAA titles. From Far Cry 6 to Rainbow Six Extraction as well as further DLC info for Assassin's Creed: Valhalla there's no lack of excitement here. Oh, and they also announced the first ever game set in the Avatar universe for 2022, which looks unreal. Check out some of the new trailers revealed!

Nintendo

Never to be outdone, Nintendo held their latest Nintendo Direct showcase on Tuesday, and fans weren't left disappointed. From 35th anniversary Legend of Zelda collector's watches, to a myriad of new and remastered titles coming to the Switch, there was plenty to be pumped about. The biggest moments arguably came from one title everyone knew was going to be shown, and another that was a complete surprise.

First, Nintendo announced Metroid: Dread, a brand new 2D side-scroller...the first 2D adventure with Samus Aran in 19 years (!!). This practically imploded Twitter after its announcement. Even better? It drops this year on October 8! Check out the awesome new trailer:

The other massive reveal was the new trailer for the as-yet-untitled sequel to Breath of The Wild. Coming next year, Link returns to the Switch in what is sure to be one of the year's best selling games. I can't wait!

That looks gorgeous! How incredible is all of this? It seems that every year it just gets better and better to be a gamer. Whether you're #TeamXbox, riding with PlayStation, a lifelong Nintendo fanatic...it doesn't matter in the end. What matters is that the awesomeness headed our way is endless!

Are you looking forward to any game in particular? Let me know in the comments!