Game On - E3 2019

Before we get rolling, we wanted to invite you to join our new Gamers Lounge over at our Neighbourhood community! It’s our new chat group where you can join other fellow gamers and discuss all things E3 and online gaming. Digging the new Battle Pass in Apex Legends? Need help with that latest Division 2 raid? You've come to the right place! Come check it out!

Now, let’s get to E3! Personally, I find that each year there are so many things expected to be announced or shown that it’s almost impossible to keep up. From the new Xbox Console, to new Halo, Star Wars, Legend of Zelda, and Ghost Recon titles…there’ll be something for everyone. With SONY not attending this year, we’ll focus on Microsoft and a few titles from individual developers that have the gaming world feverish with anticipation!

Gears-5.jpg

Gears of War 5 is easily one of the most anticipated Xbox One games that’s expected to be shown at E3. The latest installment of the third person cover-based shooter, Gears 5 takes place after the events of Gears 4 with the surviving members on a mission to take down the evil Locust once and for all. The deep storylines and multiplayer action are set to return, with rumors of the campaign being the first open world Gears title…bringing in an RPG element that’s sure to be unparalleled. I've always loved the main campaign and Horde modes, and the idea of a more RPG-based open world definitely has me intrigued.

Rumors have it releasing in September, but we should find out for sure at E3, along with more info about the different weapons, multiplayer modes, and characters returning from prior Gears titles. This is easily one of the most popular Microsoft exclusives, and I can’t wait to get my preorder in.

Cyberpunk 2077.jpg

Speaking of games that I’ve waited for…Cyberpunk 2077 is a title that was first announced way back in 2012. All it took was a brief 30 second teaser to get the gaming world to lose its collective mind, and a cyberpunk game created by Projekt Red (Witcher 3) has the makings of something truly special. A first person RPG shooter set in the near future (think Blade Runner meets TRON), Cyberpunk 2077 is set in dystopian Night City, California. Evil major corporations have taken over the world, leaving the citizens to scramble to stay alive with little to nothing. You’ll assume the role of a mercenary, codename “V”, on a mission to survive in the beautiful yet deadly city.

Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay.png

If that actual in-game shot isn’t enough to blow you away, this title currently has over 400 (!) developers working on it, and the world was finally given gameplay at last year’s E3 in a 50 minute demo that was beyond awesome. Gorgeous graphics, deep immersive RPG elements, and frantic action are on the docket in what’s sure to be one of the best-selling titles of all time. While it won’t be playable at E3 in a few weeks, Projekt Red has announced ‘big plans’ for Cyberpunk 2077 so expect at the very least a solid release date. Personally, I’ve been waiting for over 7 years for this game to come out, and I can tell already that this will live up to the hype!

The Outer Worlds.jpg

Since last year’s Fallout 76 didn’t do so well, fans of the steampunk sci-fi RPG genre have been waiting to jump in to a newer IP that will provide the same over-the-top combat, hilarious dialogue, and meticulously detailed worlds to explore. The Outer Worlds seems like it checks off all the boxes. I’ve been waiting for this game since it was announced late last year, and fingers are crossed that we get more info about it at this year’s E3.

I’m a huge fan of the first person sci-fi RPG shooters (the Borderlands series anyone?) and cannot wait for this. I’ve always loved the futuristic steampunk feel of games, set in a dystopian future with futuristic technology and combat, but with tons of elements of years gone by. Fingers crossed we get a release date or window at E3!

There are of course a lot of surprises expected, with each year being bigger than the last. Let me know in the comments if there are any games or announcements you’re looking forward to from E3 2019!

2 Comments
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

where my animal crossing fans at?!?!

Nintendo is gonna have a big E3 presence this year...can't wait.