cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Before we get rolling, we wanted to invite you to join our new Gamers Lounge over at our TELUS Neighbourhood community! It’s one of our newest groups where you can join other fellow gamers and discuss all things gaming. Have any solid strategies for Overwatch enthusiasts? Need help with that latest Fortnite challenge? You’ve got the right place!

Borderlands 3

Now, let’s get to the games! Personally, I’m always excited for new titles to jump in to, but there are always a few series that I know I’ll be picking up whenever a new installment is announced. One of those is Borderlands. The OG loot-shooter that started it all is officially out now, with more characters, more planets, and oh yes…more guns. Touting over a billion different weapons and weapon variations (you read that right), Gearbox definitely went for it all this time around. Returning is the non-stop action and sharp humor that made the previous Borderlands titles smash hits, but this new installment promises to be the biggest and most intense one yet!

Borderlands 3.jpg

For the first time, more planets have opened up in the campaign, so your mission will only start on Pandora before taking off to more new locations. Play as any of the four new vault hunter classes, blasting away endless enemies on your way to better armor, bigger weapon mods, and more ways to play than ever before! I’ve personally sunk endless hours in to the previous Borderlands games and after playing through the campaign of Borderlands 3 once already, I can vouch that this is hands down the best one yet! I’ve always preferred more powerful weapons and a more headfirst approach play style, though as with earlier titles, the rogue class hunter ‘Zane’ will suit those that prefer the stealthy approach to combat.

You can’t tell me that doesn’t look awesome. If sci-fi shooters with a ton of humor and endless replayability is your thing, be sure to pick up Borderlands 3 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC or the sparkling new Google Stadia in November!

Gears 5

On the heels of its impressive appearances at this summer’s E3 and GamesCom events, the most anticipated Microsoft Xbox exclusive title, Gears 5 is finally here! In my opinion, the Gears of War series has always been one of the biggest and groundbreaking series in all of gaming and understandably, the hype for Gears 5 is at an all-time high. After a few weekends to play beta builds of the game, the hype was at a peak, and after finishing the campaign and my first Horde wave I can safely say they’ve outdone themselves with this game. Cover-based tactical warfare has never been smoother, and all the characters from Gears 4 are back in an all new story that you need to see unfold as soon as possible. What an ending!

Gears 5.jpg

From frantic combat in Team Deathmatch to my personal favorite, battling 50 waves of enemies in Horde, there’s something for old and new fans to the series. New weapons, characters, customizations, as well as a whole slew of other tweaks and surprises will make Gears 5 a must-have title for the holiday season.

To top it all off, Game Pass Ultimate subscribers can not only download and play the entire game along with all future DLC as part of their subscription, we also got early access! You can’t beat that. I cut my teeth in multiplayer matches of Gears of War and can’t wait to jump back in and rev that Lancer chainsaw in my next match!

Gears 5 is out now on Xbox One exclusively. Brothers to the end!

Are you planning on picking up either of these titles? Let me know in the comments (and feel free to leave your XBL gamertag)…or let me know what other new game you’re planning on jumping in to!