BC Wildfires: How to Help

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

I grew up on a farm. Cows, horses, ducks and chickens - The real deal. Our farm was at the foot of a mountain and the threat of fire in the summer was always on our minds.

As a Client Care Representative, I’m often one of the first points of contact for customers and it breaks my heart to hear about the wildfires in BC affecting so many people and as an animal lover, I can’t imagine how tough it might be to find help with your pets and farm animals.

I want to help. I’ve compiled a list of resources to assist those affected - both human and critter alike.

9-animal-family_sh_meps_9842890794_o.jpg

BC Wildfire Resources

If you’re in a high-risk community, here are some government resources to point you in the right direction:

How to help during the BC Wildfires

To donate $10 to the Canadian Red Cross BC Fires Appeal text FIRES to 45678. TELUS is matching donations up to $60,000.

If you’re able to help temporarily house farm animals or if you have transport for livestock, post in the BC Emergency Livestock Animal Evacuation Group.

Donate to Horse Council BC’s Animal Disaster Relief Fund to support displaced horses, livestock and pets

07BC.JPG

Stay Safe

There are many resources available on the internet and I hope I’ve helped you get started. The most important thing is to stay safe and take care of each other.

-Wendy

Have other tips? Leave them below and we’ll update the list.

1 Comment
Larry2
Just Moved In

Telus has the worst customer service of any modern day cellular company.  Their customer service team is not able to fix my problem. 

I have been without my business cell phone number for one week. 7 days without a single business call based on customer one  mistake of operator error. No apology. No

resolve. Just excuses.