Announcement: Samsung Galaxy S8 Live Q&A

Community Manager
Community Manager

Missed the live Samsung Galaxy S8 Q&A? Don't worry, you can check out the replay here

Live QA Video Image.jpg 

Have you ever wondered how a phone performs in the real world, before you buy it?

Us too! That’s why we had one of our Neighbourhood tech savvy users, Esteban Contreras, test the Samsung Galaxy S8 for everything from apps to the camera, in order to answer all of your questions via live stream hosted on the Neighbourhood.

Mark your calendars for Thursday, April 27th 8pm ET, and continue reading to learn how to submit your questions.

Introducing Esteban Contreras

Esteban.jpg

Hi Everyone! My name is Esteban Contreras. I'm a VP of Product at Silicon Valley startup HYP3R. At HYP3R I lead the product vision, design and execution of our real-time, location-based social media engagement platform. It's great to work closely with smart people at brands like Marriott, Pepsi and the Golden State Warriors.

I live in Langley, BC with my wife, son, and two dachshunds. I'm originally from Guatemala City, Guatemala.

I went to university and spent a decade in the U.S. working at companies like Subaru, AT&T, and Samsung. I enjoy all things design and technology, as well as playing soccer, running, traveling and learning about photography.

My good-bad photo ratio is still pretty bad but I'm working on it -- great cameras help with that. I've owned at least ten Samsung smartphones and tested a plethora more.

I'm excited about a re-emerging excitement around augmented reality in phones, and I look forward to seeing how this translates to our daily life. If you'd like to connect with me or learn more about what I do, check out:

www.twitter.com/socialnerdia

www.instagram.com/socialnerdia

www.hyp3r.com

Question Time

Submit your questions to be answered during the live event, in the comments field below or on Twitter using #TELUSliveQA.

Get your questions in early to ensure they are answered, but we will be accepting questions up to and during the live event. 

Dependant on volume, Esteban may not be able to answer all questions, but will try to answer as many as possible.

We’re looking forward to the event, and hope to see you there!

13 Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

Question:  What do you see as the greatest advances of the S8 & S8+ over it's predecessors? What makes this a 'must have' device?

How do you find the placement of the fingerprint scanner? Effective for uses such as Android Pay, or similar uses where the screen needs be visible when using the scanner?

Gingerbread
Resident

The iris scanner sounds pretty cool. Does it work in the dark? 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Question: Personal assistants can work in the right environments. What tasks has Bixby been able to perform that you've learned to appreciate. Have you experienced any issues with the assistant?

Question: Much has been made out about the non-traditional aspect ratio on the galaxy 8. Do you notice any discernible difference in your everyday use. For apps not standardized how is it presented on the screen?

Community Power User
Community Power User

I have a question on battery life....  If you were to watch OptikTV continuses at half brightness.... how many hours of video can you watch from full charge until the phone shuts down?

Community Power User
Community Power User

The phone is quite large.... how do you carry your S8?  In a pocket?  In a holster?  In a purse?

Community Power User
Community Power User

What do you think about the finger printer scanner?  Do you use it?  Has it been reliable?

Community Power User
Community Power User

What are your favourite and recommended apps?

Bringthepain
Just Moved In

Would you recommend a case on this phone or do you think it can handle a drop or five?

Community Power User
Community Power User

What was your previous phone?

What would you say is the biggest advantage of this new model?

Gingerbread
Resident

Hey there! Volume is pretty low on the chat - anyway you can adjust the mics?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gingerbread Sorry about that. Any better?

Great stuff gang! Smiley Happy Woot woot! Robot Happy :robotlolBirds-Woot-2_Twitter.gif