Amazon Prime Video - Staff Picks

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone, with Amazon Prime now available as part of the Optik TV package, and Prime Video app on the Optik TV 4K media box - we will start a new series featuring all the great Amazon Original content available through Prime. We have already started bingeing, and here are some of our staff favourites so far. 

kat_6.png

@Kat_00 Favourite show: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

My first taste of Prime Video was The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and it sold me on the first episode. The series follows the life of a housewife in 1958 who wants to be a stand-up comedian. Midge Maisel has everything she’s ever dreamt of - the house, the husband and two beautiful children. As with most stories, her life takes a surprise turn of events which leads her to pursuing a career in stand up comedy. Not only is the series funny and smart, it also showcases the strength and determination of this mother. I was addicted to her clever sense of humour and enjoyed watching this show at the end of a long day. Have you watched? What did you think?

MRSM_S3_01390_LRDTelus_1920x1080_POST_Final_en-CA_PVD4776_BoxArt.jpg

Aaron.jpg@A-B Favourite show: The Boys

Hands down my favourite Amazon Originals, The Boys is based on a comic book series set in a universe where superheroes are created and work for an evil corporation that markets them. While the majority of these people are awful and corrupt, the public at large adores them. ‘The Boys’ are a group of vigilantes who know the truth and are out to stop them. This show has it all: action, humor, and most of all scathing social criticism. I’ve always been a huge comic book fan and also of anything that breaks the stereotypical ‘superhero’ mold (see: the great Watchmen series), and The Boys is just that. Be sure to check it out!

THBY_S2_02098_BoxArt_16x9_ButcherTease_POST_FINAL_SprayPaint_66686.jpg

Paul 1.png

@psl Favourite show: Carnival Row

For me it was a toss up between Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and Carnival Row - but in the end Carnival Row got the nod for its uniqueness and powerful story.  To sum it up, think:  Sherlock Holmes meets Maleficent. Protagonist Rycroft Philostrate (Orlando Bloom) is a detective in the fictional city named The Burgue, which resembles London in the late 19th century. A city where humans cohabitate with mystical creatures - and the two sides learn to live together despite their differences, bias, and history. Mix that in a cocktail with scandalous love stories, head scratching crime mysteries, and dangerous politics - and you get Carnival Row, my favourite Amazon Original. 

Carnival Row_1920x1080_CoverArt.png

You can find out more about our packages HERE, Amazon Prime Day is fast approaching and is happening on Oct 13-14, be sure to get your sign up and get your services installed before then! 

Disclaimer: For all shows/movies, please refer to the Maturity Ratings assoicated with each programming prior to consumption. See primevideo.com/terms for details. Amazon, Prime Video and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.