Amazon Prime Video - March 2021

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hope everyone's doing well and staying safe! With Amazon Prime Video now available as part of the Optik TV experience, and the Prime Video app on the Optik TV 4K media box, there's a ton of great original content available! There's always a new movie or show everyone's talking about, and now's your time to catch up and join the conversation. Let's take a look at some of the awesome new content streaming on Amazon Prime Video in March!

Note: The latest 4K PVR is required to view Amazon Prime Video on Optik. For all account and viewing questions, see our page at www.telus.com/amazonprimefaq

📺 Most Anticipated 📺

Coming 2 America

Talk about a long time coming. The highly anticipated comedy sequel to the 1988 classic Coming To America is finally here. Almost 33 years later, Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall return along with most of the original cast to bring the laughs exclusively on Amazon Prime Video. Also featuring James Earl Jones, Tracy Morgan, and Leslie Jones...Coming 2 America picks up after the first film ended, with African monarch Akeem (Murphy) learning that he has a long-lost son in the U.S. and must return there to build a relationship with his son. Hilarity is sure to ensue.

I can't wait for this movie. Also featuring Wesley Snipes, the cast is sure to bring the jokes. Growing up, I always cracked up to the various characters Murphy and Hall portrayed in the barber shop, so it's also awesome to see them all return here as well. Look for Coming 2 America on March 5!

🎞 Currently Watching 🎞

One of the best things about Amazon Prime Video is how many seasons of great shows there already are to binge on. Whether you've always been meaning to catch up on a show, or heard good things but never started...Amazon Prime Video has you covered. Let's take a look at a series that I'm currently hooked on.

Vikings

I'm a massive fan of this series, and am super bummed that the latest season to drop on Amazon Prime Video will be the last. Throughout these six seasons, there are few shows I can recall that have been as epic and satisfying as Vikings. If you watched Game of Thrones (who didn't?) then you know how grandiose these shows can be, and Vikings does not disappoint. For the uninitiated, this historical fantasy drama takes place in the late 8th and early 9th century and tells of legendary Viking chieftain Ragnar Lothbrok, his family and crew, and other notable Norse characters. Early medieval Scandinavia is the setting, and the cinematography and sets you'll visit in this series are breathtaking to say the least.

unnamed.jpg

With an extensive cast, grand battle scenes, and beautiful costume and set design, fans of sweeping epics are definitely sure to enjoy. I of course couldn't get enough of Ragnar, but found that Katheryn Winnick's character Lagertha stole every scene she was in. I'm roughly halfway through the final season, and I can personally vouch that the action and cliffhangers in this show will have you scrambling to see what happens next. Definitely not for the squeamish or little ones due to some intense violence and themes, this is best to enjoy once the little ones are off to sleep. 10/10.

What are you currently hooked on? Let me know in the comments below!

Disclaimer: For all shows/movies, please refer to the Maturity Ratings associated with each programming prior to consumption. See primevideo.com/terms for details. Amazon, Prime Video and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
1 Comment
ByronRogers
Just Moved In

How do you relax? Found a cool mouse, do you think it's worth taking https://insider.games/top-5-steering-wheel-for-ps4/? Will it go to PS4 or not?