Amazon Prime Video - June 2021

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hope everyone's doing well and staying safe! With Amazon Prime Video now available as part of the Optik TV experience, and the Prime Video app on the Optik TV 4K media box, there's a ton of great original content available! There's always a new movie or show everyone's talking about, and now's your time to catch up and join the conversation. Let's take a look at some of the awesome new content streaming on Amazon Prime Video in June!

Note: The latest 4K PVR is required to view Amazon Prime Video on Optik. For all account and viewing questions, see our page at www.telus.com/amazonprimefaq

📺 Most Anticipated 📺

Flack (Season 2)

You're in for a treat with Flack. One part Ray Donovan, one part Mad Men, with a touch of Nurse Jackie for good measure...Flack stars Anna Paquin (X-Men) as Robyn. She's an American PR exec living in the UK whos job consists of cleaning up the gigantic messes and public guffaws her celebrity clients keep making for themselves. She'll do anything to make sure that the constant trouble these celebrities find themselves in is never made public. Awkwardness and hilarity ensues.

91YYcwho7QL._RI_.jpg

I always love shows that reveal the seedy underside of celebrity and fame. Famous people are just like us, they make mistakes, they do things they probably shouldn't. They just have the means to hire someone to make all of that go away. This series is a great weekend binge at only 6 episodes per season, and there's just enough time for you to catch up on the first season before Season 2 drops on June 11! Be sure to check it out.

🎞 Currently Watching 🎞

One of the best things about Amazon Prime Video is how many seasons of great shows there already are to binge on. Whether you've always been meaning to catch up on a show, or heard good things but never started...Amazon Prime Video has you covered. Let's take a look at a series that I'm currently hooked on.

Tom Clancy's Without Remorse

I've always been a fan of the Jack Ryan universe, from the classic Harrison Ford movies, through to the first few seasons of the self-titled show starring John Krasinski (season 3 later this year!), I can't get enough. So I was pumped when I heard that a movie exploring the creation of the popular character John Clark was coming. Thankfully, this movie lived up to the hype!

Michael B. Jordan stars as an elite Navy SEAL who uncovers an international conspiracy while seeking justice for the murder of his wife. Of course there's tons of action, but what really grabbed me (similarly to the Jack Ryan series) is the top notch acting and cinematography. The plot here also moves at a brisk pace and never drags. I highly recommend watching this at full volume on the biggest screen in your home, it's that good. I loved the little nods to the other characters in the cinematic universe, and am excited to see how all the shows and movies tie together! 10/10.

What are you currently hooked on? Let me know in the comments below!

Disclaimer: For all shows/movies, please refer to the Maturity Ratings associated with each programming prior to consumption. See primevideo.com/terms for details. Amazon, Prime Video and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
1 Comment
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I am currently watching Panic.

“No one knows who invented Panic or when it first began. But in the forgotten rural town of Carp, Texas, the game is the only way out. Every summer the graduating seniors risk their lives competing in a series of challenges that force them to confront their deepest fears for the chance to win life-changing money. Anyone can play. Only one will win. Let the games begin.”