Amazon Prime Video - April 2021

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hope everyone's doing well and staying safe! With Amazon Prime Video now available as part of the Optik TV experience, and the Prime Video app on the Optik TV 4K media box, there's a ton of great original content available! Amazon Prime Video has released some incredible new titles this year already, and April looks to be no different. Now's your time to hop in and check out what everyone's been talking about! Let's take a look at some of the awesome new content streaming on Amazon Prime Video in April!

Note: The latest 4K PVR is required to view Amazon Prime Video on Optik. For all account and viewing questions, see our page at www.telus.com/amazonprimefaq

📺 Most Anticipated 📺

Bosch (Season 7)

The seventh and final season of Bosch is sure to be in line with the previous six. Gripping noir action, top tier acting and writing, and cinematography that captures Los Angeles in a way few series have before. Based on the wildly popular Michael Connelly books, Bosch is the story of hard-nosed Hieronymus 'Harry' Bosch, one of L.A.'s finest homicide detectives. A former Army Special Forces operative and war vet, Harry now devotes his life to solving the city's biggest crimes. What sets this series apart for me has first and foremost always been Titus Welliver's portrayal of Harry. His acting is top notch, and he aces the duality of a somewhat renegade detective and loving father, willing to do anything to protect his family and friends.

913dR7AzSyL._RI_.jpg

Every season of Bosch centers around one or two main cases Harry is trying to solve, though the series rewards viewers who stick with it by unfolding a long overarching story that intertwines each season together. The action is intense and realistic, the locations are filmed beautifully, and the amazing cast makes you truly feel for each and every person who's life is impacted by the events that unfold. For six years, this show has been one of my favourites, and I'd rank it as high as other acclaimed series such as The Wire and The Shield for gripping storytelling and memorable scenes that will stick with you. I can't recommend this show enough. Do yourself a favour and check it out as soon as possible.

Season 7 has yet to be given a concrete launch date, though all previous seasons have dropped in April. Fingers crossed that next month we'll all get to enjoy what is sure to be top shelf entertainment on Amazon Prime Video.

🎞 Currently Watching 🎞

One of the best things about Amazon Prime Video is how many seasons of great shows there already are to binge on. Whether you've always been meaning to catch up on a show, or heard good things but never started...Amazon Prime Video has you covered. Let's take a look at a series that I'm currently hooked on.

Sneaky Pete

Admittedly, this show sort of flew under the radar for me. I had heard good things about it, but just never gave it a chance. Boy was I wrong. Criminally underrated and underappreciated, all three seasons of Sneaky Pete (cancelled after only three? really?) are now streaming on Amazon Prime Video and I can't recommend it enough. The ties to the all time classic series Breaking Bad are obvious here...a similar story and characters as well as being co-created by none other than Bryan Cranston himself.

Sneaky Pete is all about Marius (Giovanni Ribisi), a sleazy con man who finally gets out of prison and finds himself on the run from the vicious gangster (Bryan Cranston) he once robbed. Finding that he has nowhere to go, he assumes the identity of his cellmate Pete, and joins Pete's estranged family (who hasn't seen Pete in years and thus, has no idea who Marius really is). There is definitely a lot of dark humor here, and the similarities to Breaking Bad really come through in this aspect of the series; how complicated things get for Marius as he tries to hide. 

I loved this series so much. The acting was incredible, and the story had a ton of suspense and surprising twists. An aspect of these types of shows that really grabs me is how deep the web of lies gets for these characters, and it's always a blast to see how they get out of it. Even the family that Marius joins has its own dark secrets, and the pace of the show never lets up. Definitely a mature rating for language, violence, and mature themes...so save this one for when the little ones are asleep. Highly recommended!

What are you currently hooked on? Let me know in the comments below!

Disclaimer: For all shows/movies, please refer to the Maturity Ratings associated with each programming prior to consumption. See primevideo.com/terms for details. Amazon, Prime Video and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.