voice and data 65

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I currently have voice/date/65, however, to save costs i would like to change to voice/data/55 (my friend currently has this). I just called to have this changed and they said i could but i would no longer have my top 10 favourite numbers? My friend says she does? I'm confused.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

Hi Ange,

Like others have said here, this is an expired feature, so it's essentially impossible for the carrier to provision. Take into account, many of these old, loyalty plans are expired and cannot be provisioned anymore. If client's have them it is because they are grandfathered. That being said, not all of them are all they are cracked up to be. For example, the new Shareplus plans include unlimited talk across Canada. That means every number is essentially a favourite 10, though they are slightly more expensive at a basr rate. 

I am surprised they were able to offer the Voice/Data 55. 

Have a good day! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

They may have changed what is offered with the plan since your friend got it. The website does not list the 55 and 65 plans having the 10 favorite numbers and that feature is not even an option under the Add-Ons you can get either. After further digging I don't see the 10 favorite numbers listed for any of the current plans. Telus may have dropped that feature.

http://www.telus.com/en/ab/mobility/plans/

Both Lite Plans include

• Unlimited nationwide family calling and unlimited evening (6 pm) and weekends
  • Unlimited text, picture and video messaging
  • Call display, call waiting, Voice Mail 3 and conference calling for free
  • An automatic switch to a higher data tier if necessary, based on your usage

TELUS Lite 55

• $55 per month
  • 150 nationwide minutes
  • 200 MB of flex data
  • Unlimited nationwide family calling
  • Unlimited evening (6pm) and weekends
  • Unlimited text, picture and video messaging
  • Call display
  • Call waiting
  • Voice Mail 3
  • Conference calling

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident

after talking to some other people, that is what i am thinking as well. thank you for your message

Highlighted
Ambassador

Your friend has an old, out-of-market plan, you cannot get it. 

Its never a good idea to look at a friends bill and say I want what they're getting because you'll never get a sense for when they got the deal they did and under what circumstances, leading to ultimate disappointment when the carrier won't give you what you want (keep in mind, this is not a right).

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

Hi Ange,

Like others have said here, this is an expired feature, so it's essentially impossible for the carrier to provision. Take into account, many of these old, loyalty plans are expired and cannot be provisioned anymore. If client's have them it is because they are grandfathered. That being said, not all of them are all they are cracked up to be. For example, the new Shareplus plans include unlimited talk across Canada. That means every number is essentially a favourite 10, though they are slightly more expensive at a basr rate. 

I am surprised they were able to offer the Voice/Data 55. 

Have a good day! 

View solution in original post