cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

typed "block text messages" in search box....

trisha
Just Moved In

After choosing my device (even when I didn't choose my device) I got the following answer:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop receiving text messages

There are various types of text messages and different ways to stop them.

To stop receiving regular text messages
  1. Log in to your TELUS accountRegister if you don't have one.
  2. If several accounts are linked to your username, select the wireless number you wish to manage from the Phone Number field at the top right hand side of the page.
  3. Select the "Plans & Add-ons” tab
  4. Select "Send a Message” link in the Send a Message section located in the middle of the page
  5. Select the purple "Preferences" button located on the left hand side of the page about half way down the page
  6. Once you have selected the "Preferences" button, just to the right of the purple vertical line and above, a Change Preferences section will appear. De-select (un-check) the two boxes and click "Apply".

To stop receiving subscription services to third-party companies:

This includes third-party companies such as daily news, weather, and sports updates or subscriptions to online dating services and chat.

Reply to a message with the words STOP or STOP ALL.

If the subscription continues, contact the company.

To stop receiving advertising messages:

Forward the unwanted message to 7726 with the word SPAM in the body and we will adjust your bill.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got as far as step 4 but no info came after that, tried refreshing screen a few times, and starting over again to no avail.  Has anyone else tried this with success?

1 REPLY 1

WongTong
Leader

If you wish to block all incoming text messages, you can contact Telus customer service at 1-866-558-2273 or *611. If you only wish to block certain numbers, you will have to do it from your cellphone settings directly if your phone model allows it