cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam?

Kim2
Neighbour

Today I received a phone call from number +1 647 249 7455 with a really nice upgrade for my current plan. I wasn't sure whether to proceed with this offer or not, because I suspected it was a scam call, therefore I asked if I could call back so I would have some time to think about it. The call back number I received was 403 775 9367 and the number from his manager 403 775 2131. Could somebody confirm if these are scam or not? I really hope it was actually TELUS, because I really like the deal. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

polecat
All-Star

@Kim2  Did Reverse lookup 647 is toronto # no name--------403  are in calgary listed on 411 as Gt telecom group.  Scam ???? --- Polecat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's odd that they'd give out their direct contact number and especially their manager's number. I've never encountered that before from an actual Telus employee. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

polecat
All-Star

@Kim2  Did Reverse lookup 647 is toronto # no name--------403  are in calgary listed on 411 as Gt telecom group.  Scam ???? --- Polecat

Thanks, then I assume it was a scam call, unfortunately.

xray
Hero
Did you give out any personal information to the caller?

Did the caller know anything about your account?

No I did not, I wanted to check first if it was scam or not...