"v9" post about rude attacks from contributor removed.

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Rockstar

After 6days in the (Mobility Devices-Board) post it was removed. Thank you Moderators for comply with your duties. With that action comfirms the suspicious that abusive contributors, operate freely with your blessing.

Today-Mon.May.26/2014. I tried unsuccessful to contact the forum Administrator or Moderator, couldn't there's no phone or e-mail to contact them. The option to send a personal message works only, when they're online.The post in mention was put to rest on May.22/14- But  "Nighthawk" resucitated  on Sun.26/14. So I reply to or should I ignore the "Mockery" done to my post  by this member. The issue here's if "MODS" acting unprofessional. Before remove a post they should contact the Author(s)  & let defend the case. Acting by request of "Dark_Night" and not by their own is inappropriated.

Anyway I contacted this morning a "CRTC" officer about this incident, he askedMe to write a report and send it.They mostly receive complaints about Phones, but said there're plans to overseen the way, some forums operate and verify if aren't violating the "Freedom of wordship". Finally I request that a 'Mod' or Admin..- publicly state they acting lawful, so membership can judge if was fair or not.. Look forward for reply  "v9"

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Manager
Community Manager

@v9 I apologize if you feel you were treated unfairly by myself or any of the other moderators in our community.

Upon reviewing the thread you made reference to in your post, our team deemed the content and subsequent replies of that thread to be in breach of our community guidlelines and house rules.

A complete list of our community guidelines and house rules can be found here:  http://forum.telus.com/t5/Getting-Started-in-the/Neighbourhood-Guidelines-and-House-rules/m-p/3#U3 

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via PM if you have any questions. PMs can be sent, even with the user is offline,  by selecting their user handle and clicking 'Send this user a private message' in the Contact Me section on the right hand side of the screen.

Anthony

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Manager
Community Manager

Don't fret V9, we didn't delete the posts. The topic changed, so we moved the Spell Check posts to a new thread. http://forum.telus.com/t5/Getting-Started-in-the/Spell-check/m-p/38094#U38094 

Hope that helps 8-)

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Manager
Community Manager

@v9 I apologize if you feel you were treated unfairly by myself or any of the other moderators in our community.

Upon reviewing the thread you made reference to in your post, our team deemed the content and subsequent replies of that thread to be in breach of our community guidlelines and house rules.

A complete list of our community guidelines and house rules can be found here:  http://forum.telus.com/t5/Getting-Started-in-the/Neighbourhood-Guidelines-and-House-rules/m-p/3#U3 

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via PM if you have any questions. PMs can be sent, even with the user is offline,  by selecting their user handle and clicking 'Send this user a private message' in the Contact Me section on the right hand side of the screen.

Anthony

Highlighted
Rockstar

Thanks "A-Kron" for your reply. As expected the team found my "post" breached the guidelines & house rules.. Well done comply with your duties. But let me disagree with the decision 'Why' I provided last night details, about the inappropriated comments done by [Nighthawk & Dark_Night]. How do you rate their remarks as correct (y/n)

Listen Mr. Kron is evident the cover up that your team is doing in favour of these two contributors. Lot of members know it. I tell you 'cause I keep contact through "PM" with other members. You've to acting impartial to dealing with these issues.

In resume I'm requesting a public "post" by a Moderator (Warning members and contributors) no engaged in malicious comments in their posts. Finally I'm disposed to comply, with the rules sir, but it has to be applied equally without bias. wait for asnwer. Regards  "v9"

The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Rockstar

After 8-days of being posted this "Thread" and not received any answer from the -Forum-Management- as to go public and state before the 'Membership' if they proceed legally or not by removing the "v9" post-requested by a contributor. I decided to write this additional comment on the issue.

To the membership my main objective, here it was to setup a "Precedent" for future unfair actions, taken againstMe or other members. I'd say that I accomplished 80% of the goal. As everybody know this dispute started, when 2-Contributors with the 'Nicks' of -Nighthawk & Dark_night- made a "Mock" on two of my posts.

I've been in contact via "PMessage" with the 'Forum-Administrator' He's been cooperative in explain the facts that led to remove the post and denied, acted by request. But I still wonder if the (Mods+Admini..) in this forum have nothing else important to do, beside remove & edit posts?..Keep on check the matter. But mark the post as solved.  Regards!  "v9"

The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Guardian
"But I still wonder if the (Mods+Admini..) in this forum have nothing else important to do, beside remove & edit posts?"

I'm a long time member of a few online forums elsewhere. It's been my experience that a major duty of forum moderators is to enforce the terms of use and maintain the intended spirit of the forum. Sometimes that involves removing and editing posts.

Good of you to mark this as solved. No button for resolved I guess. 😉
Highlighted
Rockstar

Hey! Kudos to the 'Frog' don't get upset dwo-Totally agree with you, that one of the main duties of (Admini..+Mods)

in other forums is delete & edit posts+waching in the backround, those members who attack others errors, without reason, but no answer to the question.There're other tasks to pay attention to like, contact those posters, who don't add details to the question or post double posts. The software program "Lithium" should stop them if no details added.

I'm digging deeply about other issues in this forum. By the way 'Xray' still a mistery forMe, when I mark a post as solved I know, who provided the solution, but when I click the link. "Solved-click here to see the solution" what it does is display the whole# of posts in the topic. So isn't clear who 's post solved the case. If you got an answer send it.. Bye! "v9"

The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@v9 wrote:

By the way 'Xray' still a mistery forMe, when I mark a post as solved I know, who provided the solution, but when I click the link. "Solved-click here to see the solution" what it does is display the whole# of posts in the topic. So isn't clear who 's post solved the case. If you got an answer send it.. Bye! "v9"

It would be the post at the top of the page once you click on the 'Solved' bar. It has a green circle & check mark prefacing the topic title.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Rockstar

@NFtoBC-Thank you for the answer, you're right on the money, with this verification. I clicked the green bar along the top post & scrolldown to find, who's thread got the "Green checkmark circle" so kudos for 'NftoBc'. This is the way that, we can build a strong community forum. 

Personally I'm open to receive criticism, until certain limit for minor posts' mistakes. By the way 'NftoBc' you've been moderated in your comments toward "v9" Keep it up. Forgot do you know if the "Spell-check" works I click it when finish a post, never detects any error. My 'IE' spell check doesn't work- Lithium is the default software is it. thks for help.  "v9"

The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The spell check no longer works on the forum. It did at one time in the past. You could write in a text editor with spell check available, then cut and paste into the post. I have done this on many fora when composing long replies. It also lets me keep my copy of the post for the future.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted

Regarding spell checking, and as @NFtoBC mentioned, that's true! Some browsers let you install spell checking plugins/browser settings as well. 🙂

Highlighted
Rockstar

@ [(Nf toBc ^ Dimo-x) -Thanks for your valued comments to this 'Thread' .Is unacceptable that <Telus.com> keep on business a software Co. like 'Lithium' powering the forum, without a vital tool like "Spell-Checker" hello! Forum management, here's an important issue to fix - if you're solving this bug, disregard the call of attention.

Did you members knew that 'Lithium' powered the "Rogers-forum too" wonder if the spell check, tool it works out over there. I've nothing against this software, but have a bar tool, with a useless "Spell check" happens only in undeveloped countries. Hope the "Telus media center CEO" heard about this issue & hire another Co. Some alternatives- Bell use the "vBulletin" [Bidefender & Kaspersky] use the (IPB-Stand by Invision Power Board) in its forums. Time for a change. <ReadMe-soon>  "v9" 

The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

vBulletin and IPB are too easily hacked.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Rockstar

Breaking news! Logged in and discover that (11-answers it has been removed) Is there an explanation at that. I asked im my last post to a "Mod" to display some ot the features & overflow work processes. Istead to answer politely decided to deleted

part of the post or it was done to avoid, clustering the system.

This way of operating isn't civilized Gent's. Have the courtesy of inform the member of your intentions. weird that deleted part of the topic/text, but the #of views remain 1275 so far?  Got an aswer posted soon.  Have a good day.  "v9"

The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Manager
Community Manager

Don't fret V9, we didn't delete the posts. The topic changed, so we moved the Spell Check posts to a new thread. http://forum.telus.com/t5/Getting-Started-in-the/Spell-check/m-p/38094#U38094 

Hope that helps 8-)