pay to get bill

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Coach

How can Telus justify the $2 / month charge just to send a bill to the customer?   If you want to get paid, you need to send a bill.  Seems like pure and simple greed and gouging!  

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

Most people don't need a paper bill and there's a cost to print & ship them to millions of customers. Rather than include that cost in your services, they make it a charge for people who want the paper bill.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
Telus sends me a bill every month via epost, and I review and pay it each month by bank transfer.

So much more convenient than the old way.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

They make you do a bank transfer????!!!!

If you want convenience, you can have it set up to automatically take the money from your credit card.  Great way to earn rewards too.  Never have a late payment again.  I like it as it is one less bill to be concerned about each month.

They like taking money from me.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

No, I CHOOSE do do a bank transfer. Forces me to review the bill before its paid.  

NFtoBC

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Coach

So seems like the gov't agrees with me 🙂   Will Telus voluntarily withdraw this charge, or will you wait for legislation and need to be dragged kicking and screaming into not gouging your customers?

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Helpful Neighbour

Since they overcharge for everything else I think the 70 cents or so it costs for postage and paper and envelopes can easily be absorbed. It's all automated anyway and it's called 'The Cost Of Doing Business"

Charging $2 has nothing to do with saving the environment, it's a cash grab, plain and simple.

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

Most people don't need a paper bill and there's a cost to print & ship them to millions of customers. Rather than include that cost in your services, they make it a charge for people who want the paper bill.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
Telus sends me a bill every month via epost, and I review and pay it each month by bank transfer.

So much more convenient than the old way.
NFtoBC

Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

They make you do a bank transfer????!!!!

If you want convenience, you can have it set up to automatically take the money from your credit card.  Great way to earn rewards too.  Never have a late payment again.  I like it as it is one less bill to be concerned about each month.

They like taking money from me.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

No, I CHOOSE do do a bank transfer. Forces me to review the bill before its paid.  

NFtoBC

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Coach

So seems like the gov't agrees with me 🙂   Will Telus voluntarily withdraw this charge, or will you wait for legislation and need to be dragged kicking and screaming into not gouging your customers?

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Helpful Neighbour

Since they overcharge for everything else I think the 70 cents or so it costs for postage and paper and envelopes can easily be absorbed. It's all automated anyway and it's called 'The Cost Of Doing Business"

Charging $2 has nothing to do with saving the environment, it's a cash grab, plain and simple.