cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notice from Telus, is this real? no acct number attached and they want credit card number?

Mikey
Just Moved In

To: "bill payment3" <bill.payment3@telus.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2014 11:17:50 AM
Subject: IMPORTANT: Payment Problem Please Read

Logo Telus

Dear Valued Customer

We are unable to process the payment for your last Bill with the information we have on file. This may be because you have chnaged some of your Billing Details such as Billing Address, Bank or Credit Card? 
Reason: Card Declined.

Please Access Account here to update your payment information. 
Please remit payment immediately to avoid an interruption to your service.
If we do not receive payment, your account will be deactivated and turned over for collections. To reactivate your account, you will be required to pay a $5 reactivation fee.

Sincerely
TELUS Billing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's a scam message. Besides the wrong domain the email is sent from being wrong and likely fake also, the link under "Access Account" is a dead giveaway. > onettell.from-wa.com . That site is a Dynamic DNS redirect and is redirecting to Germany.

IP address: 46.165.198.104
Host name: onettell.from-wa.com
Alias: onettell.from-wa.com
46.165.198.104 is from Germany(DE) in region Western Europe

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's a scam message. Besides the wrong domain the email is sent from being wrong and likely fake also, the link under "Access Account" is a dead giveaway. > onettell.from-wa.com . That site is a Dynamic DNS redirect and is redirecting to Germany.

IP address: 46.165.198.104
Host name: onettell.from-wa.com
Alias: onettell.from-wa.com
46.165.198.104 is from Germany(DE) in region Western Europe

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

kyleknapp
Just Moved In

I keep getting notices from Telus, and I don't even live in any of their service areas.  Never even heard of Telus until a couple months ago.  It looks real.  Some of the links go to telus.com, others to telusmobility.com.  The message does not address me by name, however, something I think a legitimate message would do.

Is this a scam too?  Or did my email address just get applied accidentally to someone else's account?

There does not seem to be any way to contact Telus about this - the contact page on their website requires me to select my service region, and Nebraska USA is not one of the available options (Why can't they just put a phone number on their home page, geez...).

Anyway, should I do anything with this?

Thanks, the message is attached below:

~kyle knapp

noreply@telus.com
12:53 PM (12 minutes ago)

to me

TELUS account number:  ****8718
 Confirmation number: 47947771

Thanks for your payment.On July 30, 2014 we received and processed the payment you made for your TELUS mobility services. Please keep this information for your records:

Amount Paid: $156.72
Payment method: Credit Card
Payment authorization number: 097509

To view your transaction history log in to your online account and click on “Billing”. You can also easily manage your account on-the-go with the TELUS My Account app, available through the app store on your smartphone.

Pay your bill the easy way with TELUS Pre-Authorized Payments. All you have to do is register your debit or credit card, and we'll automatically withdraw the amount owing from your account each month. It's fast, convenient and worry-free.

To get set up with TELUS Pre-Authorized Payments click here.

We respect your privacy and will not provide your personal information to other parties without your consent. 

Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this email address are not monitored by TELUS. If you would like to contact us, please click below. Thank you for choosing TELUS.

privacy statement | contact us | find a store telus.com
© 2014 TELUS. All rights reserved.

Hi, I just sent you a private message.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@kyleknapp
Looks like someone mistakenly entered your email address in a billing program, and the receipts or acknowledgements are being sent you.

Hopefully one of the moderators will pass this on, and the issue corrected. Or you can call 1-866-771-9666 (US Toll free) to have them find a solution.

You can safely ignore the emails.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

"Looks like someone mistakenly entered your email address in a billing program, and the receipts or acknowledgements are being sent you."

I thought TELUS sends a confirmation link to the email address when the account is set up or when the email address on the account is changed?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Kyle, you can choose British Columbia or Alberta as a service area, and act as a new client to get through the voice prompts.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"