how can I read the text messages

janice_muench
Just Moved In
i want to read a tread of text messages
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are more than just iPhone and Samsung out there. Android has hundreds of different apps to deal with text and SMS messaging.

To simply read the messages, it'll depend on the device and software OP has. If using the default app:

iOS 6/7: Look for the green Messages icon.

Android 4.2+: Google usually supplies Hangouts as default for messaging.

Blackberry 10: Use the Text Messages icon

Windows Phone 7/8: Use the Messaging tile 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
All my text messages are threaded. Which phone are you using?
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

v9
Rockstar

@Janice_muench: Welcome to the forum. A "Threaded of texts messaging" display both sides of the text (Sender/text + receiver reply) The conversation takes place in chronological order in the same screen. Usually the sender text is yellow & the replier blue. At least - that's what it shows in my "SGs4"

The procedure to read it can vary, from an iPhone to Samsung. That's why the last commenter, asked to provide the phone brand. Normally Users - access their text/msges by tapping the (Messages-icon) located in the home page) a texts/msges list is displayed, tap the one you wanna read-if still available, usually I deleted it after 3days. Add more details - if you want accurate answers. <ReadMe-soon> "v9"

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are more than just iPhone and Samsung out there. Android has hundreds of different apps to deal with text and SMS messaging.

To simply read the messages, it'll depend on the device and software OP has. If using the default app:

iOS 6/7: Look for the green Messages icon.

Android 4.2+: Google usually supplies Hangouts as default for messaging.

Blackberry 10: Use the Text Messages icon

Windows Phone 7/8: Use the Messaging tile 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂