cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data overage @ $100.00 per GIG

river
Coach

i have phone and data plan with telus and a fair price BUT the data overage is $100. 00 per GIG ???

this is so beyond unfair guys  really u have me so dissapointed

not cool at all you have become evil 

Shame on You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@river possibly you should consider a data stick or hotspot for your data needs. On a flex plan you could pay as little as $10 per month or $8.50 per gig for as much as 10 gigs. This should more than accommodate the 5 gigs or so you need.

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/mobile-internet/

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

That seems high, it's normally $50 on older plans, less on newer plans.

At the end of the day, we all choose to have a smartphone....

iPhone power user

v9
Rockstar

Hey! "river" welcome back..So now TELUS - Charge you a fortune for "Data usage" isn't fair. But to help you - the top contributors, need a better explanation, about the facts of this $100. Data-extra!. Records shows that on: 05-04-2014@11:20 Am

You Wrote: I got all my issues solved through 'Facebook'  My bill would cost $75-monthly, with unlimited calling in CA./text/VM10 + 5GB-data. I got $5:00 off my bill for 6mos, too. [($100-ea GIG=GB) ($100x5GB=$500?)] Umm is that-correct

At the end 'river-Wrote' yes Telus has the best network in western Canada.

Now 'river' in new post about [Data overage $100 per GIG said]. This is beyond unfair., u have me dissapointed not cool.. you've become evil, shame on you. So 'river' Ps add more info or contact/Telus/support. Report results to forum.  <Bye> "v9"

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?

Thanks for adding the additonal context @V9.

I think we defiitely need more info now @river.

iPhone power user

yes  v9 i had a fair deal worked out at u mentioned but what i just found out when you go over your 5 g monthly plan the

overage rate is $10 dollars per meg  which works out to be $100. per gig  you are right most plans offer

the overage at $50 bucks per gig some ebev offe $20 per gig overage

i feel this is way to expensive and have been told there is nothing they  can do about it

i live in a area where i cannont get a dsl connection so my only choice is mobile data my old plan was 6 gig

and it worked out well for me in the last 2 years but that plan has since dissapeared

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@river possibly you should consider a data stick or hotspot for your data needs. On a flex plan you could pay as little as $10 per month or $8.50 per gig for as much as 10 gigs. This should more than accommodate the 5 gigs or so you need.

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/mobile-internet/

NFtoBC

thanks for you tip i have been down that route before as i have several old sticks around and do not wish to purchace

any more equipment or sighn a contract The telus agent awhile back encourged me to use my phone as a hot spot as it was cheaper and it was a good way to go untill all the recent changes in telus

i will just have to swallow the bill coming in at $ 200 bucks and watch my usage and hang at tim hortons

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@river Timmy's can be a dangerous place to go. In addition to the coffee expense, you could develop a 'donut' physique.......

If you already have one or more sticks, you could likely go month to month on a flex plan without long term committment.

NFtoBC

thanks again i live a active lifestyle therefore donuts are not in my diet  and as for setting up another account

i just give up  telus wins this one  with charging 100 bucks a gig !!!  its just not right

Hi! 'river' are you already in Camcun - well the other time, you appeared in the forum, addressing a fee issue of $15 to keep, your acct alive, while you come back from a 6mos.trip.  Later you appears with a [$100-charge for1GB-data] 'BctoNF'  advised, the "Flex plan" also "tsizzle" offered you another solution.

So be analytical & put in practice the advices to solve the "Overage-charges-issue" Do you post for help or for what?. Mark an answer that (solve the problem +give kudos) to the Author(s) who supplied the answer or get close to..Isn't a rule, but a demo of acceptance +courtesy. Wait for 'river' answer,. <Cheers>  "v9"

The future is unknown?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@v9 It's your turn to get a picture from NFtoBC! 

bear.jpg

NFtoBC

thanks v9  its like u really stalk me here and know everything kinda like you are out to get me

i remember the lesson you gave me on savings i took it as quite  insulting

so here is a kudo for you

@river- welcome! just logged In - red your post, nobody here's tryng to 'Stalk' You-cool off. We want, better post content (Spellchecker- will help) accurate plan details and users, disposal to follow advise-got the message!. Thks for the 'Kudo' can't see it was a joke?  Bye "v9"

The future is unknown?

tsizzle
Leader

You're not on a rate plan intended for consumers, but rather businesses. All of Telus' in-market plans for regular customers that include data have an overage rate of $5/100MB (not $10 as you've stated). Not justifying the charge but just trying to clarify for the users of this forum that they definitely do treat customers & businesses differently which is justifiable.

If you need more than 5GB of data and don't want to run into overage, I would suggest taking a plan with a higher monthly fee but that includes more data. 

E.g. if you actually want 6GB, taking their SharePlus option @ $125 would be cheaper than your current one ($75 + $100 for extra 1GB). Or you could take the 10GB option at $145 and still be paying less each month. 

thanks for your info and if what your saying that im on a buisness plan then is plain and simple Telus should fix it

and make it a reg customer plan and have the data overage at 50 per gig which is the high side in the indrusrty

Telus has lots of I.T.  people that can simply fix this quite easly if they wanted to ??? 

and as for the plan u suggested with Telus it would be much cheaper with koodo (Telus's sidekick)  there data overage

is only 20 per gig ... it has me looking at them

Here's what went down: you escalated when you weren't happy with the first offer the rep made you (a consumer rate plan), so they went to their bag of tricks and offered you a plan you are not eligible for as an exception (business plan). Its not that they haven't figured it out, you're just trying to pick and choose the features you like of each:

-consumer rate plan overage rate

-business plan price & data included

If you want cheaper overage, take a different plan. 

Koodo have a 5GB plan for $99 but you cannot be on a fully subsidized device (Tab S & M only).

Your decision is this: keep your plan and pay less per month but a higher overage rate when you go over OR switch to a consumer rate plan, pay more per month and less when you go over.

ok thank you tsizzle i get it  pretty much loud and clear