customer service kudo

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

We joined Telus for the first time in August. Every month we seem to have some hiccoughs. What the representative at the shop tells us will happen and what actually happens never seems to match up. Then what one customer service rep on the phone tells us and what the next one tells us sees to be different again. We were getting pretty flabbergasted, especially since it takes so much time to wait in the queue and then to speak to someone. Then I discovered the online chat service with a customer service rep. This has made it so much easier to communicate as I can stay productive while I am waiting for the rep to look things up and figure things out. I have also never had to wait and seeing things in black and white is easier as well it seems, there is less miscommunication and misunderstandings.

Today I had an online chat with a rep named Gilbert. I feel his service was outstanding, but the chat got shut down before I could activate the feedback, so I am writing here. The downside to both online and voice chat is often reps go slient, it is usually because they are busy looking things up, or reading your file, but unless they tell you that  you think that maybe your call has been dropped or you have been disconnected. I have also found that if you give them too much information all at once that reps don't read or listen to everything, only usually the first bit, then end up repeating yourself a few time. Gilbert clearly read my questions because he repeated them back to me for confirmation and then addressed them. He also let me know everytime he needed a minute and asked me to stay on and thanked me for my time and patience. This alone was enough to impress me, but then he went even further. After upteen times talking to agents on the phone and online and getting something changed or adjusted on my account, I have never recieved any confirmation or recap on what we achieved, until today. After chatting with Gilbert, I recieved two emails confirming a change to my account and another confirming an adjustment that was made. If that is supposed to be standard practise (and I would strongly urge that it become that if it isn't) then the other dozen agents I spoke too are not in compliance with those standards.

Gilbert made my day. He also made me try another month when I was ready to give up. Cheers to Gilbert!

Highlighted
Organizer

Hi... I'm a TELUS Team member, thank you for your feedback, I will make sure your kudos's get to Gilbert as well his manager!

Thank you for choosing TELUS

Bruce Gordon

TELUS Team Member.

Highlighted
Resident
Hello how are u doing today
Highlighted
Resident
Hello
Highlighted
Advocate

@NABBER87 wrote:
Hello

This is not an online chat service.

This is a forum.  Ask your question with as much detail as possible to get some help.

Highlighted
Rockstar

@SA wrote:

@NABBER87 wrote:
Hello

This is not an online chat service.

This is a forum.  Ask your question with as much detail as possible to get some help.

Hello-@NABBER87: Yeahh! - Nabber87: How are you!..to whom? to the OP=Original poster or to Bruce Gordon the TELUS Team Member. Review your answer. Are you agree with the OP-Statement, about the TELUS Rep Performance or have an experience, with a Telus.Agent or via Chat session to share in the forum, send out. Thks & Stay Connected!  Bye "V9"

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Resident

Highlighted
Resident
Hi, I would like to notify a payment
Highlighted
Resident

Hi i need help my home phone is but off my bills up to date

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Goto the Contact Us link on the Telus .com site    EDIT: This link is now at the bottom of this page as well.

There is a Chat icon near the bottom right of the screen.

Or you can call them from another phone: 1-888-811-2323.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident
I need to top up my account with a top up card and add the 55$ plan
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should be able to do that through the phone itself, the 'My Account' portal if set up, or by contacting Customer service.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Organizer
Where do I find the live chat link ?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

As @NFtoBC mentioned a couple lines above:

Goto the Contact Us link on the Telus .com site

There is a Chat icon near the bottom right of the screen.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Right here:

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 2.11.05 PM.png

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Organizer
Is it desk top only I don't have that on my phone
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then your best option is to phone. It's actually far faster to phone in than do anything over chat.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Organizer
Yes I agree but my question is is it only on desk top not mobile
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, it's desktop only. When you load the contact page on a mobile device it very clearly states that it's not available on mobile.

chat.jpg

Highlighted
Resident
my cell phone was disconnected because of an over sue bill so I paid it in full and would like to report the payment so my phone can be re connected
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi Justin. I sent you a private message. If you would check your inbox and get back to me there I'll give you a hand with that.

Highlighted
Resident

hoe do I connect witha agent

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are having trouble with the instructions in the discussion here, your best option is to simply phone Telus.