able to keep old plan when contract is done?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

ESantot
Resident
Now that Telus has 2 year contracts, i was wondering if, after my 3 year contact is done, I can still keep my plan when I upgrade my device. I really like my plan, and want to be able to keep it.
Highlighted
Most Helpful
AskBedo
Connector

Hello ESantot,

Thank you for your question. You would need to call our Customer Care team as that requires us taking a look at your account to see if you would be able to keep your plan or not.

You can reach them at 1-866-558-2273 or *611 from your mobile phone.

Thanks!

tsizzle
Ambassador

In almost any circumstance you will be able to renew your plan, Telus have made some of the student / really rich plans ($55-65 plans w/ 4-6GB) unavailable when you renew. You will be required to spend >$70/month if taking a device like an iPhone/GS4/Note 3 etc.

WongTong
Ambassador

You'll be required to change your plan to a current one. Depending on the phone model you want, most require a 70+$/month plan. If you do not renew your contract and purchase your device outright, you'll be able to keep your current plan. However, if you call in customer service, since you are a long term client, they might be able to offer you a bit more data included, but the minimal price of the plan should remain at 70$ and up

Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

Ignore WongTong, he is incorrect and you will not almost certainly be required to switch to a current one unless you have a plan similar to one I mentioned.

Most Helpful
WongTong
Ambassador

Sorry for the mistake. Please ignore my last reply.

Most Helpful
blair
Neighbour
You cannot. I tried to keep my old pan, it even came up when I bought my new phone. Then when I got my new phone TELUS changed my plan without my notice to one with about a quarter of the stuff for the same price. Save your money. Go somewhere else to buy a phone. Telus owns koodo as well, so your call.
Most Helpful
hellochuman
Advisor

Hey Blair did you buy your phone outright or from craigslist for example?  From what Telus, and people in general, tell me you can keep your plan if you buy your phone outright.  My conclusion is if you get a subsidy, Telus has you by your balls.

tsizzle
Ambassador

You can keep your plan when taking a new phone on contract, if a sales rep tells you otherwise, they are almost certainly misinformed.