cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a valuable suggestion/idea for Telus

LadyFoote
Just Moved In

To whom it may concern;

This is not a complaint, this is a situation Telus Mobility could learn from and aviod it again in the future, Save the company $$$.

I was a loyal Telus customer who paid bills on time and never missed a payment for years and would've been 'forever'. Then I moved to a place where there is no reception though Telus map says it has reception. Needless to say it's pointless to pay for something you cant use, so I called up Telus to disconnect and Telus just threatend to bill me 2000$ for teminating my 2 yr contract AND ruin my credit. No compromises, no understanding, no plans, nothing just haste and threats.(Im sure you have the recordings to back up my 'story'). Few months later and after being laid off for winter months (seasonal job) my hubby had to claim bankruptcy so I called up telus again at the advice of the trustee to disconnect and explained the situation once again, Telus just wants $$$ dosent matter that my hubby is going through bankruptcy and we cant even afford our rent. The trustee suggested I include myself in the bankruptcy but I didnt, I thought I could work out something with Telus, but after all was said and done (and several calls to Telus) the ONLY way I could disconnect my cells was to let the bill run up till they disconnected me, everytime I called they just wanted to talk me into giving soneone else my contract and I have privacy issues and am unclear how that would work but Telus wouldnt explain that to me. I felt I had no chioce but to force my account closeure by not paying my bill.

Telus should have a back up plan for this type of situation. I would've returned the cells, they were in mint condition. Telus sells used phones, could've made thier $ back easy ... or maby suspend my account till I could afford payments? ... something ... anything ...

I now have 'bad credit' over a uncontrolable situation unforseen ... over something that could've been solved easy ... I basicly got bad credit from choosing to feed my family over paying a bill I feel I was forced to make in order to get disconnected ...

Thank you for your time,
  LadyFoote

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

m_ols
Ambassador
Hi LadyFoote, I apologize that we've caused you more frustration during an already difficult time. My team and I are going to take your idea away and see if we can come up with a creative solution that will prevent any unnecessary frustration or hardship in situations like this in the future. If you have anymore ideas, I welcome you to submit them here: http://why.telus.com/listening

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

m_ols
Ambassador
Hi LadyFoote, I apologize that we've caused you more frustration during an already difficult time. My team and I are going to take your idea away and see if we can come up with a creative solution that will prevent any unnecessary frustration or hardship in situations like this in the future. If you have anymore ideas, I welcome you to submit them here: http://why.telus.com/listening