You guys need a General room

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

Hi ... I don't see any area where to place my question post . So I will ask here . First off I am not a Telus client yet . I will be soon though . My question is, I'm going to sign up with Telus on the phone . Can someone from Telus explain how will I get my information on the plan I choose ? Also, is it easy to do or should I just go into the store and have it done there ? Basically right now Telus is giving 10% on any plans and I would like when I sign up to show this info on my account papers / or email which ever . I just want some prove as to what I will agreed to . Suggestions ... Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Let's focus on your second concern on choosing a plan...

• do you have a phone now?  What plan are you on?  Do you feel your consumption will be higher or lower with Telus?
  • Here are the various plans offered by Telus Mobility....
    http://mobility.telus.com/en/BC/plans/index.shtml
  • what phone do you have now?  What phone do you plan to get?  Older Blackberries offered data compression that will impact your usage when getting a new phone.
  • Depend on your previous carrier, you might find your Telus usage is higher because Telus offers a larger coverage area in Canada for your convenience.

Or is your question is how to get billing and data usage activity info?

• would you prefer mail?  That can be done?
  • eBilling is available...
  • you can log onto the Telus Mobiltiy site to look at your usage
  • There's even an app to show your usage.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

I just got the Google LG Nexus 4 phone . I'm still from the past . I have Doro phone , A flip up type . I don't do text or anything like that . I just use it to talk . My problem is from what I was told old phone aren't that good with reception which is the case with my phone . So I got this phone ( Nexus 4 ) and figure the Lite 55 plan would do me just fine , That's with the 10% off deal . I'm not going to pay to much for services . I can do without a cell phone if really need be . So if this plan was to ever go up ? I would be looking else where . But I just want something in writing that states my agreement to my plan > ( Telus Lite 55 ) plus 10% off

PS : And I'm coming from Rogers . My new phone is unlock

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

No contract for me . I'm bring my unlock phone to Telus , read the left side of this webpage

http://mobility.telus.com/en/ON/bring-own-device/index.shtml?INTCMP=PlansLandGreyMartkeT

I didn't like Rogers reception , so now I will try Telus while I have a new phone

Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
I recommend you walk into a store WITH a printed copy of the webpage.

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Let's focus on your second concern on choosing a plan...

• do you have a phone now?  What plan are you on?  Do you feel your consumption will be higher or lower with Telus?
  • Here are the various plans offered by Telus Mobility....
    http://mobility.telus.com/en/BC/plans/index.shtml
  • what phone do you have now?  What phone do you plan to get?  Older Blackberries offered data compression that will impact your usage when getting a new phone.
  • Depend on your previous carrier, you might find your Telus usage is higher because Telus offers a larger coverage area in Canada for your convenience.

Or is your question is how to get billing and data usage activity info?

• would you prefer mail?  That can be done?
  • eBilling is available...
  • you can log onto the Telus Mobiltiy site to look at your usage
  • There's even an app to show your usage.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

I just got the Google LG Nexus 4 phone . I'm still from the past . I have Doro phone , A flip up type . I don't do text or anything like that . I just use it to talk . My problem is from what I was told old phone aren't that good with reception which is the case with my phone . So I got this phone ( Nexus 4 ) and figure the Lite 55 plan would do me just fine , That's with the 10% off deal . I'm not going to pay to much for services . I can do without a cell phone if really need be . So if this plan was to ever go up ? I would be looking else where . But I just want something in writing that states my agreement to my plan > ( Telus Lite 55 ) plus 10% off

PS : And I'm coming from Rogers . My new phone is unlock

Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

With regards to Doro reception compared to new phones.... just transfer your Nexus sim over to your Doro to test (assuming they are the same SIM size, otherwise you might need an adapter).  Keep in mind, different vendors will have different coverages and regions of weakness.

With regards to 10% off, I'll let someone else speak on that.

• where did you hear about this promo?
  • is it a union or employer promotion that's available to you and not others?
  • there are new plans now that contracts have been reduced from 3yrs to 2yrs.
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

No contract for me . I'm bring my unlock phone to Telus , read the left side of this webpage

http://mobility.telus.com/en/ON/bring-own-device/index.shtml?INTCMP=PlansLandGreyMartkeT

I didn't like Rogers reception , so now I will try Telus while I have a new phone

Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
I recommend you walk into a store WITH a printed copy of the webpage.

Highlighted
Connector

I did both , walk and call their phone number , it was from the phone number were the sale lady said yes to this deal . Is this not a Telus webside were by if one needs support the Telus people will try to answer ?