When I pay of my device credit, does my bill go down?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
When I pay of my iPhone does my bill go down by the @$13 they credit each month

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

I think this is a good question but I don't think it was answered.

Timmone asked what happens to the $13.88 AFTER the three years is up and you have paid off your phone.

Does your phone bill go down by $13.88 or is it cash grab after that?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

No your phone bill will not go down. After the 3 years your phone will be paid off and you will be free to upgrade to another device if you so wish.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

I think here is the information more specified:

Understanding your Device Balance

Dear TELUS Customer,

You recently spoke to one of our TELUS representatives about your Device Balance, and we’d like to provide you with more information. 

What is a Device Balance?

At TELUS, you can get a discount on your phone when you sign up. This upfront discount becomes your starting Device Balance, which decreases every month until the end of your term.

What this means for you?

Over the length of your contract, TELUS automatically reduces your Device Balance each month by a set amount. This “monthly credit” is equal to your original device discount divided by the number of months in your service term. At the end of your service term, the Device Balance is $0.

Anytime Upgrades

At TELUS, you can upgrade to the new phone you want, at any time you want. Simply pay off your Device Balance at your nearest TELUS store, then pick your new phone. 

We hope that you've found this information helpful. At TELUS we're committed to putting you first and providing you with a better experience every day.

Regards,

The TELUS team

---

At the end of your contract, your bill will remain the same, basically TELUS will subsidy the cost of your phone as long as you complete your contract, the device balance is calculated for 2 reasons. 1. to upgrade phone early or 2. to cancel contract. But at the end it is a benefit that you get as a client that for being into a contract you can get a BIG discount towards an expensive phone as long as you get into a contract. 

I hope this will give more information and will clear all of your questions and doubts. 

All Replies
Highlighted
Ambassador
Hey Tmmone,

Basically how it works is that you got a commitment to stay with your phone for 3years right?

So what it does is that when you got your phone let say that your phone costed $500 and you didn't pay anything when you got it, so how it works is that $500 will be divided into 36 (months) will look like this : $500 / 36 ¨= $13.88

Those $13.88 is what is going to be decreasing every month that you accomplish on your contract. so at the end, every month that you pay for your bill you pay for your service and because you stayed one more month on the contract your device balance will decrease $13.88. 😃 I hope this information will help.
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

I think this is a good question but I don't think it was answered.

Timmone asked what happens to the $13.88 AFTER the three years is up and you have paid off your phone.

Does your phone bill go down by $13.88 or is it cash grab after that?

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

No your phone bill will not go down. After the 3 years your phone will be paid off and you will be free to upgrade to another device if you so wish.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

I think here is the information more specified:

Understanding your Device Balance

Dear TELUS Customer,

You recently spoke to one of our TELUS representatives about your Device Balance, and we’d like to provide you with more information. 

What is a Device Balance?

At TELUS, you can get a discount on your phone when you sign up. This upfront discount becomes your starting Device Balance, which decreases every month until the end of your term.

What this means for you?

Over the length of your contract, TELUS automatically reduces your Device Balance each month by a set amount. This “monthly credit” is equal to your original device discount divided by the number of months in your service term. At the end of your service term, the Device Balance is $0.

Anytime Upgrades

At TELUS, you can upgrade to the new phone you want, at any time you want. Simply pay off your Device Balance at your nearest TELUS store, then pick your new phone. 

We hope that you've found this information helpful. At TELUS we're committed to putting you first and providing you with a better experience every day.

Regards,

The TELUS team

---

At the end of your contract, your bill will remain the same, basically TELUS will subsidy the cost of your phone as long as you complete your contract, the device balance is calculated for 2 reasons. 1. to upgrade phone early or 2. to cancel contract. But at the end it is a benefit that you get as a client that for being into a contract you can get a BIG discount towards an expensive phone as long as you get into a contract. 

I hope this will give more information and will clear all of your questions and doubts. 

Highlighted
Resident

Highlighted

Alternatively, if you choose not to subsidize a new phone once your term is up, and your plan is eligible, you can request a BYOD discount. Robot Happy