What is using up my data? Why am I going over my usual data usage?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Helpful Neighbour

Hello people!!!!!

How can I track my data usage per day?

Thank you

Evgueni FedineCat SurprisedRobot surprised

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Friendly Neighbour

I use the TELUS app to keep track of tmy data for me. I had the same problem before, but TELUS can only see the amount of data that’s used, not where you’re going; it’s considered private information. Think of it like a gas station, the gas station has no idea where you drove or what used all your gas; that’s none of their business.

View solution in original post

Most Helpful
Advocate

Use Onavo Data Counter. It can help  you see what's using your data

All Replies
Most Helpful
Friendly Neighbour

I use the TELUS app to keep track of tmy data for me. I had the same problem before, but TELUS can only see the amount of data that’s used, not where you’re going; it’s considered private information. Think of it like a gas station, the gas station has no idea where you drove or what used all your gas; that’s none of their business.

Most Helpful
Advocate

Use Onavo Data Counter. It can help  you see what's using your data

Connector

Hi all,

the TELUS app is really a good app if you're after your usage for all 3 services: voice, text and data. But of course there are apps you can download specific for your device and they're FOR FREE:

For Iphones: Data Usage Monitor

For Androids: My Data Manager

For blackberry: Data Monitor App

Just go to your Apps Store and odwnlaod. It would eat up a minimal data while downloading but it wont consume any data anymore when already installed. You gotta synchronise it w/ your billing cycle , and w/ the total amount of data allowed in your plan... these apps provide real time info, some even sets alarms prior to oging over to prevent billshock...

Hope this helps Cat Very Happy