Was at telus but went to virgin for better costs, will telus match plan pricing of virgin ?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Zokambaa
Just Moved In

I would like to go to Telus.. even more so since I just started working for them, however I only pay $40/ month for 500gb and 500 mins with caller ID and voicemail (earlier free evenings/weekends than telus too) It's on Virgin mobile (uses bell cell network)...   it doesn't appear telus has anything close on a pricing per minute/db plan...   even with a staff discount it doesn't appear telus has anything close.  I would like to get a newer phone and would even upgrade to a more extensive plan, but the deal on the samsung S7 is now gone so there is no incentive to me to choose a more expensive plan.

again I would like do do something like a 500min/500gb plan, I use wifi more than cell data so I can get by but 500gb/500min is about as low as I would do.  Virgin gave me a phone and a 500min/300mb for $45/month (dropped to $40 for 500 min/500mb after term was up) so I am not sure why telus is so much more expensive, especially if I bring my old phone and want a reasonable mb/min plan

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus sub-brand Koodo shares market space with Virgin, so if you want to compare prices and service levels, that is where to look. Telus, Bell, and Rogers offer a top tier service, with advantages not available to users of the lower cost tier of carriers.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Mobility_Princess
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

If you private message me the area of Telus you work for, like in a call center or in a store and your internal telus email, I can email you the list of Telus internal sites that show you the employee discounts and how to get an employee phone and different employee pricing. 

Mobility Client Care Rep