Very Disappointed with Telus Offers

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

MartinK
Resident

I'm looking to upgrade one line to an iPhone 7 and called into customer service to discuss plans. I ended up being offered nothing but the standard rates that a new customer would get even though the lines been with Telus for ~20 years. When I mentioned that another carrier would offer me large port credits the loyalty rep just said that shes aware of it but can't do anything but offer me the same rates that are available for everyone else. There has to be someone I can talk to in order to get a decent deal on a new phone.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Historically you could ask to speak to loyalty and retentions, but anecdotal information suggests they can offer little more than the front-line staff.

Number portability has made it easy to move, so it seems all the carriers are focussing most on gaining new customers through sale prices, and retaining them based on service.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
MartinK
Resident

I already spoke to loyalty as I normally have in the past and they offered me absolutely nothing other than reading the plans that are listed on the telus site.

Community Power User
Community Power User

If you're buying a new phone through one of the carriers that is not unusual. If you buy a new phone independently and just put your SIM card in it, you can keep using the old plan.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy