cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation disconnect

KAS
Just Moved In

I understand that it will cost $25/month for a vacation disconnect, but do you know if I will lose the use of my phone completely during that time?  That is, will I still be able to connect to wifi during my travels and use, say whatsapp?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
You should have no problems using Wi-Fi on a disconnected phone, but I've not tried it. However, you will have to choose a current plan upon your return.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
You would be unable to access any services provided through the cellular network. It would be as though you removed the SIM. You should be able to access through WiFi. Why not test it and see? Either remove the SIM, or turn off all cellular connections in settings.
NFtoBC

KAS
Just Moved In

Thanks for the suggestion, NFtoBC.  What would happen if I cancelled my phone contract altogether (I'm on a month-to-month program now)  (meaning that I pay no monthly fee and lose my particular phone number when I come back)?  Would I still have Wifi in my travels with my phone?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
You should have no problems using Wi-Fi on a disconnected phone, but I've not tried it. However, you will have to choose a current plan upon your return.
NFtoBC