Telus website thinks my laptop is an iPhone

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

adambr3
Neighbour

Went to the website to view my account using (what I always use) my Mac laptop (OS 10.11.6). Browser is Safari 10.0.3. Unfortunately, what I see is not much: huge amount of white space and giant fonts, because it's showing me the mobile interface. Searched for "desktop browser" link; no joy.

Had to switch to Chrome, which works fine. Posting this here in case Telus monitors the forums. Fix please.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@adambr3 can you replicate the issue and post a screen shot? Also copy and paste the URL here. I was browsing the Telus site fine on my Mac with Safari this morning, without any issues.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
adambr3
Neighbour

Here's the screenshot. URL is shown in the image: www.telus.com/my-account/TelusLLaptopView.jpg

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm also unable to replicate your experience. Chat is not available to me on mobile, nor does it appear when I enter 'My Account' on Mac. I also do not see the Privacy Matters segment upon entering the page.  Using Safari 10.0.3.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
adambr3
Neighbour

I've done a restart, and deleted any Telus-related cookies that I can find in Safari. There was one called "digital", so I was hopeful, but it's still a mobile interface. Smiley Sad

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@adambr3are you sure you never accidentally zoomed into the page? The only way i can remotely recreate your screen is with Zoom.

To zoom out hold down the "Command" key and press the " - " to adjust the zoom.

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 11.12.35 AM.png

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@WestCoasterBC

I agree with @adambr3 that he is receiving the iPhone page (with the Chat function added), but am unable to reproduce it, except on my iPhone!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@adambr3 I directed your problem to be looked into. Hopefully they'll find out why it's serving you the mobile site.