Telus doesn't treat all clients equal

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

dogkicker
Neighbour

So I have been with telus for 10 years now. The only offers they offer are the perks of $10 wagjag per month, even then you have to purchase something at least $40(Which makes the perk really garbage) , and the free yearly calandar(first come first serve basis). I just found out from a friend(personal cell phone) who had the service for only 6 years they actually do offer real things. He actually got an E-mail from Telus as a token of appreciation offering gift options. The E-mail is below. I guess I am not appreciated and unimportant, especially being a long term customer.

As a small token of appreciation, we're offering important clients like you one of three gift options. We hope you'll use it to brighten your day.

To redeem, click on your preferred gift to be directed to our site, then follow the simple instructions. Just remember to select your gift before the offer expires on May 26, 2014.

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

The TELUS Team

This offer is valid until expiry date May 26, 2014 and only redeemable online by invitation. Some restrictions apply. Only one gift per account.

1. 450g assortment of Purdy's® chocolates created especially for TELUS PERKS™ offer. Selection may not be exactly as shown.

2. Cineplex Admit One Movie Tickets will be accepted at all Cineplex Entertainment theatres. No substitutes. Tickets are valid through date on back of the voucher. Not redeemable for cash. This ticket is not valid for non-feature film performance and cannot be combined with any other promotion, coupon voucher or special discount offer. Ticket may be applied towards the purchase of admissions to IMAX®, IMAX 3D, UltraAVX®, UltraAVX 3D or RealD 3D film presentations or VIP admissions with payment of an applicable surcharge per admission. ® Cineplex Entertainment LP used under license.

nasty
Rockstar

I used to get those type of  'coupons' in my paper bills all the time. Never used them.

I guess they stopped a year or two ago. Usually chucked them out on opening of bill.

Perks offers text

https://perks.telus.com/en/privacy.php

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

First, you have a ridiculous handle @dogkicker haha 

Second, I believe those campaigns are random and come from their loyalty team....usually to customers who don't have a loyalty plan and/or haven't received and early hardware discounts and stuff. 

iPhone power user
Community Power User
Community Power User

My wife was offered something like that a few years ago on her $10/mo pay & talk account. Seems they draw names at random. Lately allwe recieve is offers to upgrade to post paid.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
dogkicker
Neighbour

I guess it could be true about the randomness. Still not a good way to go. I always get the call to upgrade to a new $0 phone, but you can do that with any company now. They aren't doing anything to keep my business and my contract ended last year. There is a lot of nice juicy deals out there and I might jump ship.

Highlighted
tsizzle
Ambassador

Do you have an email registered with Telus? That could be a potential reason you didn't receive it.

Always confused by this notion that paying for services with a company for an extended period of time entitles you to some form of discount, as if you need to be incented to fulfill the conditions of a contract you elected to sign. Do I ask a car dealership to give me a break on the monthly rate in my 3rd year because I haven't missed a payment yet? Of course not, because why the hell would they?

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

AMEN @tsizzle !!!

If you want a box of chocolates @dogkicker you can always pick up a box yourself...might be less hassle...and frustration.  http://www.purdys.com/StoreLocations.aspx 

iPhone power user
dogkicker
Neighbour

I am registered with them with my email.  And to your second point your notion means nothing to me. I didn't have any issues about getting anything for being long term until I found out they give loyalties but to their liking. At that moment I felt as if I was a gouged customer who means nothing to them.

Community Power User
Community Power User

If you only just felt / realized you are getting gouged, there is something very wrong...

Officially, the perks program ended September 28, 2013. Telus may offer something at random but it's likely to very specific customers who meet whatever criteria they have set.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Power User
Community Power User

Many businesses treat different customers differently. We've all experienced the guy who got the better deal on the car; the person who got the free dessert at the restaurant, the person who got the seat upgrade on the airline. It happens all the time; likely far more often than we realize. As individuals we have the choice to whine about it, or rise above it, and wait for the better opportunity.

I remember once in an airport when flights were cancelled, agents patiently trying to re-book frantic passengers. Guy goes to the counter, comments on the fracas, asks how the Agent is holding up, smiles, speaks calmly. Is told that all the coach seats to his destination are booked solid until tomorrow. He, again calmly, says: "OK, let's  book a seat on the first available flight" to which the agent says: You're the first to ask how *I* was today, you've been upgraded to Business class, and your flight is in an hour"

You get more flies with honey than vinegar. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
redwine579
Resident

When I made my selection for the movie tickets, it said they would arrive between 4-6 weeks.  As of May 17, they have not arrived.  Just wondering if they have been sent yet.