cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV remote

TheresaM
Just Moved In

I have one remote (provided with my set top box) that does not turn on my set top box. Normal?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jason_A
Connector

Hi Theresa,

Solution to this can be very simple: On the top of your remote, there's a selection for STB. Press it and this would mean that selection of the channel that you're requesting would go to the Set Top Box instead of a TV or anywhere else.

If this doesn't resolve it, try changing batteries, I've heard numerous complaints being fixed with a simple battery change.

If neither of the 2 options work, give a call to Technical Support at 310-TECH (8324)

Hope this helps,

Jason

Member of the TELUS team

View solution in original post

adaml
Connector

If you have an iOS device, a work-around would be to download the Optik Smart Remote app. Along with many other great features the app includes a virtual remote that once paired with your STB will allow you to turn it off and on.

Android coming soon!

2 REPLIES 2

Jason_A
Connector

Hi Theresa,

Solution to this can be very simple: On the top of your remote, there's a selection for STB. Press it and this would mean that selection of the channel that you're requesting would go to the Set Top Box instead of a TV or anywhere else.

If this doesn't resolve it, try changing batteries, I've heard numerous complaints being fixed with a simple battery change.

If neither of the 2 options work, give a call to Technical Support at 310-TECH (8324)

Hope this helps,

Jason

Member of the TELUS team

adaml
Connector

If you have an iOS device, a work-around would be to download the Optik Smart Remote app. Along with many other great features the app includes a virtual remote that once paired with your STB will allow you to turn it off and on.

Android coming soon!