cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming costs

burwell
Just Moved In

Are there additional costs to use any of the functions on my phone when travelling from BC to Newfoundland?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

When I travelled from BC to other provinces....

• data was free
  • local calls to restaurants and hotels were free

Things to avoid...

• receiving calls
  • long distance calls

You can confirm the situation by signing onto your Telus Mobility account.  You can see your activity and new charges very quickly.

Things to save more money...

View solution in original post

Pamely
Ambassador

Hey! 

Let me tell you, there is a package that is named Natiowide 20, which converts all your minutes into LD. if you desire to have it only for one week you can add it on your online account and remove it once you are back. at the end you will be paying $0.66 per day, because Telus is going to do a proration. 

if your trip cross your closing date you might get charge the month in advance in your next bill but next month once you remove it you will get your credit back. now if your trip is not close to your closing date you dont have to worry about, you will get charged only for the days you used the service. If you have unl texting and data these services are already nationwide, you just need to work on your minutes. Hope this will help you.!

2 REPLIES 2

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

When I travelled from BC to other provinces....

• data was free
  • local calls to restaurants and hotels were free

Things to avoid...

• receiving calls
  • long distance calls

You can confirm the situation by signing onto your Telus Mobility account.  You can see your activity and new charges very quickly.

Things to save more money...

Pamely
Ambassador

Hey! 

Let me tell you, there is a package that is named Natiowide 20, which converts all your minutes into LD. if you desire to have it only for one week you can add it on your online account and remove it once you are back. at the end you will be paying $0.66 per day, because Telus is going to do a proration. 

if your trip cross your closing date you might get charge the month in advance in your next bill but next month once you remove it you will get your credit back. now if your trip is not close to your closing date you dont have to worry about, you will get charged only for the days you used the service. If you have unl texting and data these services are already nationwide, you just need to work on your minutes. Hope this will help you.!