Rate plan expires

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour
What happens when your prepaid rate plan expires but there's a positive balance in your prepaid account? What charges are made for account activities?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but to my knowledge, you have to add a top up every 30 / 60 / 365 days, depending on the top up amount you last applied to your account for your current balance to roll over to the next period. The minimum top-up amount is $10, and would need to be updated every 30 days. Larger amounts last longer.

See this page and this page for more information about top-ups expiring.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour
Ok I'm always topping up cuz I'm buying probably 6-7gb of data at 30$ each -per month So there is always a top up going on. I'm jus not sure what rate plan I want as I don't do much else but use data lol
Thanks for taking time out for me by the way
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You don't need a rate plan, you can just get the data add-on you need, and pay at pay-per-use rates for minutes and texts. You can see the rates you would pay in 'My Account'. 

Have you you considered a post paid account to get better rates?

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Neighbour
OH ok so there is just pay per use on this n no I haven't I didn't think
I'd use this much data but I'm having fun with it
I notice all u can get I believe is like 2gb n then aftr that it's 30$ each
anyways
Mayb I'm wrong but I didn't see anything that was bigger than 2gb plus so
many local minutes and unlimited texting
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@tnp wrote:
Mayb I'm wrong but I didn't see anything that was bigger than 2gb plus so
many local minutes and unlimited texting

Where are you looking? Pre-paid options of post-paid options? There are definitely plans with more than 2 GB in the post-paid account section.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Well based on my calculations, if you're buying a gig at a time at $30 for one gig and using up to 7gb you're spending $210 before tax monthly. A postpaid plan with your choice byod 40 for 300 local mins daytime and unlimited after 6pm and weekends, unlimited texting and 7gb of data is $105 before tax. Probably a better idea to try a credit check and get on a postpaid account. If you are not old enough or know you have really bad credit then you could keep doing what you're doing.

Mobility Client Care Rep