Pre-authorised payment of cellular bill

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
Why is there no discount for clients who set up pre-authorized payment from a credit card??
TELUS receive the full payment of the monthly bill on the date, day and time that it is due. Surely that's worth some sort of discount??
My credit card company never withholds payment and pays on time.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

My guess is that Telus has to pay the credit card processing fees on credit transactions so it likely costs them more to do payments on credit cards. I don't know of any company that offers discounts for paying on credit card up front. Cash in some rare cases yes but not credit.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Ambassador

Does any company in any industry do this? The idea that you should get a discount for paying regularly & on-time is a little silly, that's a legal obligation not something you're doing out of the goodness of your heart.

Highlighted
Resident

I believe that they did give a 5% discount in the dim and distant past .  Now it appears they are more interested in throwing more money at "renewal" clients, with rich offers to upgrade the handset .  I am quite happy with the handset  I have and will most likely renew my contract with TELUS but I'd appreciate the renewal incentive as a discount on my monthly bill.  

Highlighted
Ambassador

They'll give you a 10% discount if you're month-to-month but that's not related to pre-authorized payment, its to compensate you for the rate plan no longer including subsidy.