Phone number change

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I changed my phone number online and was told it would take approximately 15 minutes. It has now been over an hour and 15 minutes that I have been unable to use my phone. Is this normal? Is there something I can do? I can't make calls so I can't call telus to ask.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

What type is your phone?
If its an iphone or andriod you should be able to press the power and home button
and that will do a little refresh of the phone,
then you should be able to make calls there.
If they doesnt work bring it into a telus store the rep there should be nice enough to help you.

-Orle

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

If you're using a phone with a simcard, you just need to turn off your phone for a couple of sec then turn it on, it should work just fine. 

If you're using a phone that doesn't need a simcard, you need to program you phone first. dial *22803, select 1 for English then 1 to program the phone. wait until it shows programming successful on your phone's screen. it will restart automatically then you're good to go. 

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

What type is your phone?
If its an iphone or andriod you should be able to press the power and home button
and that will do a little refresh of the phone,
then you should be able to make calls there.
If they doesnt work bring it into a telus store the rep there should be nice enough to help you.

-Orle

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

If you're using a phone with a simcard, you just need to turn off your phone for a couple of sec then turn it on, it should work just fine. 

If you're using a phone that doesn't need a simcard, you need to program you phone first. dial *22803, select 1 for English then 1 to program the phone. wait until it shows programming successful on your phone's screen. it will restart automatically then you're good to go.