Payment Arrangements turned to Collection Agency

Highlighted
gxvin
Neighbour

Hello, I am really confused and frustrated to why TELUS decided to write off my plan when we made arrangements on March 13th to pay everything off and I paid everything that they told me to pay, I had talked to 2 TELUS employees and they both said the same thing. When the payment comes my service will be back on but it's already been a week and I called and had just found out TELUS has decided to write off my plan. I am really frustrated because my contact from TELUS said that I only had to pay this certain amount which I did the same day and just wait 3-5 business days and I also reported the payment. Can anyone help me? I have been sent to a collection agency even after having arrangements with TELUS.

Community Power User
Community Power User
@gxvin Unfortunately here in the neighbourhood we can't help with any account billing/payment arrangements you have with Telus. We are just customers like you that share an interest in Telus products and offer our knowledge and help when we can.

You will have to contact Telus and try to sort out your billing/collection issue. Perhaps things got mishandled when you talked to them. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Find this post useful? Hit the Like button.
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

If your account was secured with a reported payment (when you tell them you made a payment and  you're just waiting for it to post to the account) then it should not have been written off to collections. You need to speak to the payment services department. You may have been speaking to client care or the collections agency directly. Telus payment services for mobility can be reached at 1 800 777 1888. They're open 8am-8pm Monday-Friday PST and weekends 9am-5pm PST.

Mobility Client Care Rep
gxvin
Neighbour
@Mobility_Princess
I have called 5 times this week and all they have been telling me is to call the collections agency. I called the collections agency and they said that it seemed that I made the payment in my end but it still ended up with them. This is really frustrating me hard.
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then, the collections agency should be able to remove all instances of the issue on their records, as the debt has been repaid.

Have you another question?  I am not certain what you mean by: "I called the collections agency and they said that it seemed that I made the payment in my end but it still ended up with them."

Does this mean that Telus has received your payment in timely fashion, but the Collections Agency has your account on file, or does it mean the Collections Agency has received your payment?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
gxvin
Neighbour
What I meant is that they saw I made the payments on the 13th that the girl from customer service and I settled upon everytime I call they all tell me the same thing that they can't do anything about it. Isnt there supposed to be recordings of phone calls because this is a huge mistake.
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
Yes every call is recorded. And if she noted it like you and it sounds like other reps have confirmed than it's probably not being doubted by the other telus reps that she offered that. They would only reject what she offered if it didn't actually add up to the correct amount owing on the account (yes you'd be surprised how often simple math goes unchecked ) or if the arrangements were too much of an extension. For example I've seen accounts without payments since November where the rep has accepted payment arrangements where telus gets no payment till April and if course that couldn't be honoured. We're talking 6 months no payments now. But if it was reasonable they should totally accept it.
Mobility Client Care Rep
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
Also we can't look at your specific accounts here but if you DM @telussupport on twitter they can look up your account details and help you. Just don't tweet your personal info. Make it's a message lol
Mobility Client Care Rep
gxvin
Neighbour
Is there anything I can do because this is a huge mistake, We've made
arrangements and another rep even said the same thing. But then this week
everything chNged when it was written off. I've made the payments on the
exact amount on the exact day (March 13th)
Community Power User
Community Power User

This Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise. You will need to connect with Telus staff more directly through a phone call, chat, Facebook or Twitter, as described in the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page.  @Mobility_Princess has suggested the best way, but you can call 1 800 777 1888 and speak to accounts as described in her post on Wednesday.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"