Once your device is paid off does your bill go down?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

My contract ends in Sept, but I don't need a new device. I'm wondering if I can go month-to-month after that, or do I sign a new contract? Since my device would be paid off by then would my bill go down? I don't need a new phone - it seems really wasteful to get one when this one works perfectly fine. 

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
You will automatically become a month to month customer at the end of your contract. You can choose a BYOD option offered on the website instead of your current plan if you wish. The BYOD is the only option to get a reduced plan price.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
Very common question! Yes like my pal NF said you are automatically month to month once your contract ends! You can then go to a bring your own device plan which may be cheaper than your current plan! If you're comfortable with providing your current plan type I can be more specific! If you renewed last September 2014 you are probably on our share plus 55, the equivalent Boyd plan is your choice nationwide boys 50, the data prices are a bit different now. Calling in or chatting us we can provide a more thorough recommendation based on your usage!
Mobility Client Care Rep