Once contract is up

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I am on a 3 year plan once the contract is up I can keep my plan. The question is can it ever be taken or changed from me legally??

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

Once your 3-year contract is up you go month-to-month and may keep your plan indefinitely*, there are select plans that you cannot keep if you take another device on contract but only a small subset of customers actually still have them (e.g. $55 student plans with 6GB). 

*From a purely legal standpoint they could discontinue your plan after 30 days & would only be required to notify you via your monthly bill as your contract term is now 30 days. That being said, they would almost certainly contact you to discuss other options before changing your plan.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador

Once your 3-year contract is up you go month-to-month and may keep your plan indefinitely*, there are select plans that you cannot keep if you take another device on contract but only a small subset of customers actually still have them (e.g. $55 student plans with 6GB). 

*From a purely legal standpoint they could discontinue your plan after 30 days & would only be required to notify you via your monthly bill as your contract term is now 30 days. That being said, they would almost certainly contact you to discuss other options before changing your plan.

View solution in original post