Not valued as a customer.

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Most Helpful
papa63
Connector
There all bad. Ho with whoever has the best product and service for the best value. Someone who doesn't smile and take your money then push you over a cliff
Most Helpful
dan1954
Resident

I posted about my experience in another thread. Long story short, Telus offered me no "loyalty" at all to induce me to stay.

After having an iPhone with Telus for a few years along with all my family members. I cancelled my phone with them this morning.

I was asked to pay more for the same service in order to upgrade my daughters phone. As a result I cancelled my number and gave her my phone to use on her old contract.

Telus is now out at least $55 a month for the forseeable future and I can happily live without the extra money going out of pocket for the same service. Now I understand why the government is running those commercials about cell phone companies in Canada.

Most Helpful
Barry79
Connector

Yep. If  TELUS cannot offer me a contract close to my current 35.00 monthly when I update next May, I too will cancel my mobility account. There is no way I will pay more than double to upgrade to an iPhone 4s

Most Helpful
papa63
Connector
That's true my sentiments exactly . I have had nothing but negative feelings for Telus and I will be switching companies also after being a loyal customer for 20 yrs. No customer loyalty makes me not loyal to Telus either. I am hunting around looking for better
Most Helpful

Hi Barry,

You can always maintain your current plan or choose a lite plan if you purchase your phone outright. Cheers.

Most Helpful
papa63
Connector
So pay them 800 plus dollars and it will be ok. Geesh real sad diplomatic answer. Politician
Most Helpful
Barry79
Connector

Really sad,considering I have TELUS INTERNET/OPTIK TV/TELUS HOME PHONE

Most Helpful
papa63
Connector
Works great Barry if you liked pinned down to a contract. That's what is sad
Most Helpful
HowLoyalisThat
Neighbour
I'd like to add to this... I've been a Telus mobility customer for almost 20-years and after 3-calls to the loyalty department I'm finally throwing in the Telus towel. I gave them one last chance to sharpen their pencil and meet a quote that I got from Rogers for my 4-phones. The best they could offer was what they originally offered me on the first call. Basically a family package that anyone can get ($260/mo. sharing 6gig of data) or a loyalty package that would provide 1-new iPhone 5C and 1gig for each phone for a total of $240/mo. Of course the new iPhone came with a 2-year contract requirement and a $75/mo. data plan requirement. When I stated that I could get more, than what they're offering, for between $40-$60 less per month there was ZERO counter offer. The ultimate question is: Why do they even have a loyalty department when they refuse to compete? My hours of pursuing some value for my decades of loyalty were a total waste of time.
papa63
Connector
Seems like Telus doesn't care if they keep or lose there loyal customers. Well let's see how they feel when there sales are down. How do they explain that to there investors or when employees get caught up in job cuts. Bottom line is all about greed its ridiculous what we have to pay just to own a phone. It's become unaffordable like everything else.
Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

So let's do some math here:

$260 total bill / 4 phones = $65/phone for unlimited nationwide calling & texting + 1.5GB of data each

@ Koodo/Fido/Virgin:

2 iPhones w/ 1GB = $85 x 2 = $170

2 non-iPhones w/ 1GB = $55 x 2 = $110

Total = $280/month

To get the same features:

2 iPhones w/ 1GB = $85 x 2 = $170

2 non-iPhones w/ 2GB = $65 x 2 = $130

Total = $300 for 6GB data + unlimited nationwide talk & text

That's including all of the promotions now on and everything. To recap: you're getting an extra 500MB per phone & all the same other features at Telus for $20 less per month. Why are you switching? Where are you getting it $40-60 cheaper per month? Wind?

Most Helpful
dobes
Coach

By my reading of Rogers' offer (which is the one he mentioned), you could have 1 new Smartphone at $55/month, add 3 of your own phones at $35/month each, total of $105, then add 6 gigs of data (their current offer is 3 gigs plus 3 more for $50/month, totaling $210/month.  PLUS there seems to be some 50% off for each additional line for 3 months deal right now that might apply.  But the $210 IS 40-60 a month cheaper than the customer was offered at Telus, and it seems to me that Telus might want to match other offers for their good customers.  I have cable and internet from Rogers, and when Bell made me a verifiable offer this summer, Rogers immediately matched it, though it was about half what I was paying them at the time. Why can't Telus do the same? 

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
dobes, you stated "when Bell made you a VERIFIABLE offer, Rogers matched it". This seems often to be the difficulty, folk are bringing non-verifiable offers, at least to this forum. The recent poster as do many others did not post his offer for comparison, he simply quotes a price and very basic info. We, and Telus, are supposed to accept this info without any means to verify or do a factual comparison. In Telus' case, they can't sensible compete against an unknown. They may be able to match verifiable packages, though.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
papa63
Connector
There lies the problem with Telus it doesn't become a problem until we the customer brings it to their attention. They make no effort from the start to take initiatives to keep us loyal customers. It's all a big joke. Lip Service at its finest.
Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

Telus will offer those same $35 add-a-line plans, they offer a $50 device discount though vs. 50% off for 3 months so for 3 months, it would be cheaper at Rogers. 

Most Helpful
dobes
Coach

I agree with you, Papa63. They should be reaching out to their current customers to be sure that they stay. I didn't even call their loyalty department before buying my own new iPhone a couple of months ago and jumping ship to Fido, where I get twice the minutes and four times the data that I got from Telus for the same price. I felt the same way you do - I've been a good customer since returning to Canada from Europe 14 months ago - let them work to keep me, rather than the other way around. My take is that they ONLY want customers who buy expensive new phones on contract every 2 years - all others can leave and they really don't care. 

Most Helpful
papa63
Connector
Yes dobes I have been with telus for 20 yrs and when my contract ends I'm gone to the competition . I'm done with paying and paying . Whoever gives me the best deal has my business. So er will see what happens
Most Helpful
HowLoyalisThat
Neighbour

Hi, just to clarify... the 4-phones that I was quoting are actually 3-of my own, which are already bought and paid for.  There's only one new phone, a iPhone 5C 16g, that I was looking for Telus to include which comes with a 2-year contract requirement plus a minimum $75/month data plan (1g) requirement.  They're also looking for up-front money of $79 for the 16g 5C with the package.  Check the Telus web page, anybody off the street can get that.

I'm better off going to the Apple store and buying the phone for $599 considering that the same phone will cost me over $600 via the Telus loyality package.

I'm just comapring apples to apples and dollars to dollars.  Telus has made me ZERO offers for my decades of loyalty.

Most Helpful
papa63
Connector
Don't even waste your time talking to a flunkie. Demand to talk to a superviser and see if they wanna wheel and deal
Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

Does Apple give discounts to customers who have previously bought iPhones to reward their loyalty? Does your grocery store? Does your car lease get cheaper if you don't miss a payment?

"They're also looking for up-front money of $79 for the 16g 5C with the package"

The nerve, charging you anything at all for a new smartphone that's worth $700, who do they think they are? A business?