Not valued as a customer.

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Most Helpful
AbridgedPause
Resident

I certainly do not feel valued as a costumer anymore with Telus. Your customer service and care has gone down tremendoulsy in the last year. I was promised an extended free Voicemail 10 last year, and this year am told there is no such thing. I am willing to pay 300$ to cancel my contract, because I refuse to stay with a company that openly lies to customers. I have been hearing good things about Fido's customer care and was told the notes that their agents leave in the customer files are always exactly as the conversation happened. Every time I call Telus, the notes are completely wrong and inacurate to the discussion that occured, and I am sick of being lied to.

Most Helpful
someone_9e9
Ambassador
I dunno about fido i thought they sucked?
Most Helpful
Lauriek83
Connector

I just got a IPhone 5 at thanksgiving because I broke my SIII and still had almost 2 years left on my contract. I had 2 gbs of data on my plan and it was gonna cost me alot more to keep that. I spoke to the loyalty person and she asked me what I needed, I told her unlimited text and at least two gigs of data I hardly ever talk on the phone. Might use 10mins a month.  So she gave me a great deal to get to $70 and I got everything I needed. I was really impressed with the service she totally was willing to work with me, and there was no hassle. I've never had a bad experience with telus, and my phones never drop calls. It seems like everyone I know on other networks always has drop calls.

Most Helpful
someone_9e9
Ambassador

if you buy out your phone once the device balance goes down a bit then they switch you to the 35 dollar plan plus data

so 65 bucks plus taxes i think its still 70 bucks ...so really a rip off i guess

im shopping right now ...last time i was koodo they sucked

I dunno who is good Smiley Sad

Most Helpful
Barry79
Connector

I am going thru the same thing right now. My current bill is just over $30.00 per month. Now, next May when I change phones my bill more than doubles. Don't know why I have to get a data plan,when I never use it. If I want data I will sign up for it,not forced into it.

Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

You don't have to buy data unless you're buying a high-end smartphone, and then you really should be anyway. If you buy a Smartphone Lite or flip-phone, you can always take a voice-only plan and add data as needed via add-ons. For example, take the Voice 35 and add $10 in features to meet the $45 min commit, you can get a Nexus 4 with that for $0 upfront on a 2-year.

There's no way you have an iPhone or high-tier Android w/ a $30 plan unless you bought it outright.

Most Helpful
dobes
Coach

I am also wondering about that. Right now, I am paying $20/month (discounted for 1 year from $30) for 200 minutes, evenings and weekends from 6 PM. I pay another $10 for unlimited international texts, and I have a free 3-month trial of 100 MB/month data.  Total is $30 a month plus tax right now. I own my own iPhone 5C. Expensive, but I refuse to buy phones on contract so that I can control how much I pay for cell service and because I travel internationally a lot and want to switch sims. 

As my free data expires in December, I am looking at paying $45 a month to either Koodo or Fido for 500 minutes, unlimited incoming, unlimited international texts, and 500 MB data. I do want more minutes and more data, so I'm not always switching the data on and off as needed and checking my minutes balance online. But I don't know whether Fido or Koodo is best? I am happy with everything about Telus except customer service, but I don't believe they can offer me the same deal. 

Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

TELUS offer identical plans to Koodo/Fido/Virgin in most cases, make sure you're comparing like-to-like though. That is to say, don't compare the monthly rate required to take an iPhone 5 at TELUS vs. a Moto G at Koodo, not really a valid comparison. Check out TELUS' Lite suite, sounds more like what you're talking about - the plan you describe is not offered in the market today.

dobes
Coach

OMG! I was going to tell you that that exact plan was being offered by both Koodo and Fido right now, and give you the name of the plan (including my 10% discount off the basic price of the plan because I own my own phone). Then I went to Fido and saw $39 (standard plan) for 400 anytime minutes, unlimited international text, and 400MB data. It doesn't have unlimited incoming, which I would like, but I think I may get it this weekend!!  Thanks for challenging me!!Smiley Very Happy

papa63
Connector
I totally agree I have also been a longtime customer and I will be looking at other companies when my contract expires
Highlighted
Most Helpful
dobes
Coach

Yeah, I somewhat sadly switched to Fido yesterday. Koodo actually had the slightly better offer, but Fido is near my house, so....

I think there was a lot to like about Telus, and I hope that in a few months I can say the same about Fido. But nearly all Telus's best offers seem to be geared toward people who want a subsidized phone and 2-year contract, and that is not me. I buy my phone unlocked to have the freedom to pay for usage monthly, and in the process I get much lower rates. At Fido, I now have 400 minutes and 400 MB data, along with unlimited international texts (important to me as my family is in the US) for $35.10 plus tax. At Telus I had only 200 minutes and 100 MB data for $30 plus tax, going up to $40 in January when my free trial of data ended. I was forever checking my usage and turning off my data for fear of going over. 

Well, good luck, guys. I'm out! 

Most Helpful
papa63
Connector
Yes nowadays it pays to make time to check out all companies before signing your life away on the dotted line. I intend to do exactly that when the time comes. No more gettin screwed
Most Helpful
funpig
Resident
If you are on an old (cheaper) plan, you can call Loyalty Retention and ask to keep the old plan. You will have to buy your new smartphone outright, but you may be able to negotiate a loyalty credit (I was offered $100; anybody able to get more?) which would be applied against the cost of the new phone.

FYI, I still have so-called $20 plan (150 anytime per-sec minutes + 100 minutes, 250 text messages, package 12 which includes voice mail, call display etc.). However, I still have to pay the dreaded system access fee of $7. Over 20 years with telus...
Most Helpful
Corax
Resident

I've been around since it was Clearnet, I have the same quandry with such a huge monthy bill, seems to be foolish to thow money away... with a better loacal service, and unlimited everything for a fraction of the cost of my current bill... I've contacted Telus they said the best they can do is $55/month... that's not even close to being competative...

My Telus bill is $80/month for a much better local plan which Telus calls a discount provider I can get for $30/month unlimited everything... no more contracts for me... I'm buying my next phone... 

I bought my wife a new phone now she's happy paying $30/month after the switch, Telus CAN NOT MATCH $30/month... they suggested perhaps checking back during the time when my contract expires... I really doubt it...

February is just around the corner... I'm also switching... 

Most Helpful
papa63
Connector
I also am a longtime telus customer with 2 phones and can't wait for my contract to end bye bye telus I'm gone to your competition matter of fact I'm so disgusted I'm tempted to pay the penalty charges to cancel my contracts
Most Helpful
WongTong
Ambassador

You should call Telus and see what they have to offer for a renewal. If you see something more interesting with a competitor, simply mention it to the agent and they'll do their best to match it

papa63
Connector
I might after I see what the competition can do for me first I'm done being gouged
Most Helpful
mpa
Coach

Just got off the phone with Telus.  My contract expires Monday, so i am trying to change to prepaid.   I was told they cant do it because i have 3 days left..... LOL  What a joke of a company.  Dont you guys have computers?  Even trying to stay a customer is a challenge.  So i will spend the weekend shopping your competitors.  LOL good customer retention Telus.  Laughable.....

Most Helpful
papa63
Connector
That's more than laughable that's downright pathetic. I can remember being able to change plans 2-3 months before my contract ended. Telus sounds either desparate or there trying to give there customers to there competition
Most Helpful
mpa
Coach

So now i'm cruising online on the competitors websites Smiley Happy   Anyone with any suggestions?  Can't think it would be possible to do any worse than Telus....