Not impressed with customer Loyalty

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

germocide
Resident
My Telus contract was up for renewal so I went to see about renewing my plan and getting a new phone. What I discovered was that I needed to be on a minimum of $70 plan to get the phone that I wanted. The phone was just newer and not necessarily any different but it was now on a 2 year plan. Telus would not budge with the new 2 year plan prices so it adds up to over $500 more than what I was currently paying over two years. Anyway I decided to shop around and was able to get the phone I wanted with a competitor at $50/month. I then ported my phone number over 2 days after my renewal date and Telus said they had to charge me for an entire month since I missed the billing cycle date. To make the billing date I would have had to do it on Christmas day. Nice Christmas present Telus! I called the customer retention number and was told that they couldn't do anything. I sure found out where I stood as a customer.
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
Not sure why you'd expect the Customer Retention Dept of the company you just left to bend or break the contract obligations you agreed to.......
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
hellochuman
Advisor

But if was after the contract expiry date then they aren't really breaking the contract.  Telus should charge only for those 2 days not the entire month.  Its like car insurance you pay for a year then you decide to cancel insurance they should pay you back the diffence.

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

You'll find the big 3 mobility providers want 30 days notice for cancellation. I know Rogers did when I left them for Telus.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
RP
Neighbour

there is no such thing as loyalty. I ended up at Bell but from Costco as the other Bell stores don't match what they do. Saved $$$ by switching.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@hellochuman wrote:

But if was after the contract expiry date then they aren't really breaking the contract.  Telus should charge only for those 2 days not the entire month.  Its like car insurance you pay for a year then you decide to cancel insurance they should pay you back the diffence.

No, it's more like the apartment you rented, but didn't give the landlord notice, and didn't move out before the end of the month. You still owe the month's rent.

NFtoBC
satya
Resident

I don't think the loyalty department understand that they have competition, and that Telus prices are crap.

Bell is offering unlimited Canada-wide local calling and minutes and text/pictures/video messages, 3GB data for $60

Plus free access to 2100 wi-fi hotspots across the country in various McDonald's, Tim Horton's and Indigo/Chapters locations.

Telus's closest plan is province-wide local calling and minutes and text/picture/video messages, 1GB data for $55.

I asked them if they could give me 3GB data (instead of 1GB).

They concocted a $70 plan with 3GB data for me and said it was because I was a "valued customer."

I don't think that Telus understands the meaning of the words "Loyalty" and  the term "Valued Customer"

If you want me to stay with you, you have to be BETTER THAN THE COMPETITION, not worse, and not equal. BETTER.

tsizzle
Ambassador

Just so everyone is on the same page, satya is quoting Quebec prices. Telus also offered the exact plan you're talking about until this week and have a 2GB option @ $65, Bell will almost certainly discontinue this plan in the future. 

@germocide, you can't expect Telus to bend over backwards for you when you're leaving them for a competitor, doesn't exactly show loyalty from your side and the 30 days notice is a clearly stated policy.

Community Power User
Community Power User

When I was last in Tim Horton's and McDonald's, the Wi-Fi was open to all customers, therefore not a bonus to be a Bell Customer.

Loyalty goes both ways, and from what I see, many customers have little, and will quickly jump where they feel is best pricing.

NFtoBC