No charge LD: CAN to CAN ?

Highlighted
someone76
Neighbour

My account shows "No charge LD: CAN to CAN" as part of my plan... does this mean I can make long distance calls to Canadian numbers at no charge? Because I am definitely still getting charged for those.

Community Power User
Community Power User

There should be no long distance charges, but minutes are still consumed.  What plan are you on, and are there any other details about costs per minute?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

There's just so many plans out there nowadays and grandfathered. It sounds like you have nationwide minutes built into your minutes but are getting charges for airtime overages if you are incurring overages or possibly calling the states? Can you give me your plan name and I can confirm that for you. Along with any additional add ons that are being charges or say anything like loyalty discount. You can also confirm what you are being charged for if you are on telus.com. Once you log in, click on the billing tab. Then for your current bill click on the download bill pdf  in purple which is in the upper right hand. That will give you all your call history. You just scroll down and your overages will be near the bottom. It'll show you where you were and what number you called. So you can determine if it's a Canadian number or if you were just over your daytime minutes. Or if that sounds like a lot of work tell me your plan name hehe 

Mobility Client Care Rep
someone76
Neighbour

The name of the plan is:

YC QC Prem+ ULNW 70

it says that "No charge LD: CAN to CAN" is included

I made a call from a Canadian number, in a Canadian province to another Canadian number in Canada and received a charge. 

Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Yeah that plan definitely has unlimited Canada wide calling. Which is exactly what you would think. Calling any other Canadian number anytime. However, there are a couple of sneaky locations calling non-reciprocating cell site locations. Where if you call a number in location A to location B it's free. But once you are in location B and call back to location A. It's not free. There are only a couple and they are all in Western Canada. Did you do some travelling? In these cities listed, calls made from these cities to Vancouver are free but, calls from Vancouver back to these cities are not free:

Chilliwack

Duncan

Hope

Ladysmith

Nanaimo

Parksville

Pender Harbour

Whistler

The only scenarios I can think of would be if you call forwarded your number. Or recently changed your plan and it was leftover usage from before the plan change. If none of those scenarios fit then you should call in because it sounds like a billing issue. 

Mobility Client Care Rep
tomdoesthings
Resident
I’m late to the discussion but I hope you see this follow-up:

My plan (2GB BYOD ULNW) also has “No charge LD: CAN to CAN”

I saw in the small print at Virgin Mobile that their “unlimited Canada-wide calling” only applies to incoming/outgoing calls that you make or receive from within your local area. If you use your phone in any another Canadian city you will be charged $0.40/min!

I was told in a Telus store that “No charge LD: CAN to CAN” applies to all calls made from anywhere in Canada, regardless of your local area. However, that is never specified in my contract. Can you confirm that this is true? Or point me somewhere on the Telus website where “Canada-wide calling” is clearly defined?
Community Power User
Community Power User

Virgin is Bell's budget brand. They'll have more limitations than a plan from one of the big 3. I've never had to pay for LD / calls when I travelled out of province using Telus.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy